This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Order of exercises

Started by Rokas Grigaitis, January 27, 2022 · 5 Replies · 101 Views

Rokas Grigaitis

Hi,

I am following foundations one and have several questions.

1. When is it better to do weighter mobility and prehab series? after warmup or after the strength training exercises?

2. When do you suggest to do skill work? right after warmup when you're fresh? after mobility? after strength exercises?

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Rokas Grigaitis said:

Hi,

I am following foundations one and have several questions.

1. When is it better to do weighter mobility and prehab series? after warmup or after the strength training exercises?

2. When do you suggest to do skill work? right after warmup when you're fresh? after mobility? after strength exercises?

Thank you!

Hi Rokas, well i suggest you do additional work after the main exercises. For the rest what do you mean with skill work?

Rokas Grigaitis

Ussually I incorporate HS or Movement course into my training. So would it be better to do those before strenght training or after?

Jeffrey Bittner

It is best to incorporate skill training after your regular workouts.

Rokas Grigaitis

Thank you both for the answers!

 

I was also wondering if there is any particulate order one should perform the strength exercises? Generally, I used to focus on the exercises that require the most strenght or are hardest for me first. However I wonder if the proposed sequence/sheme HBP->RC->SP (for upper body) and FL->SL->Mn->SLS (For core and lower) are somehow optimized and better?

David Pardy 340028

Hi Rokas, I'm not one of the coaches, but I've found what works for me is splitting all the workouts across a few days.  Partly due to necessity (access to equipment) but I've found I feel better rested for certain exercises.  So for example, I do SLS and HBP on one day, and RC and Manna on a different day.  I believe Alessandro suggested a while back that it's best to do the exercises that need the most work first - e.g., if you're struggling to progress on HBP, then do that before the others on that day.