This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straight Bar Dip

Started by Huy Lui, January 26, 2022 · 7 Replies · 42 Views

Huy Lui

Hi, 

Before GST, I learned doing straight bar dip with hip lift up, elbow tucked in, lean forward and lowering until chest touch bar.

But with GST, every I try to lowering myself, I feel like my leg is moving forward in order to maintain balance. Is it wrong? And do my elbow suppose to flare out as well for overhand grip? 
 

And how long should I aim for? Until bar touch nipple? 
 

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Huy Lui said:

Hi, 

Before GST, I learned doing straight bar dip with hip lift up, elbow tucked in, lean forward and lowering until chest touch bar.

But with GST, every I try to lowering myself, I feel like my leg is moving forward in order to maintain balance. Is it wrong? And do my elbow suppose to flare out as well for overhand grip? 
 

And how long should I aim for? Until bar touch nipple? 
 

Thank you.

Hey Huy, the most important part is not moving in between the arms but in front of the arm, the wider the stance the bigger the tendency to flare out, with a medium hands stance the elbows movement is in between flaring out and tucking in. For the legs is quite natural to use them as counterbalance.

Huy Lui
On 2/2/2022 at 1:49 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

nicely done. keep in mind to strongly hold the depression as you begin the negative.

Hi,

Today I work out at home. So the bar is a bit thicker than gym bar. I have some difficulty when lowering myself to chest level. Somehow I get blocked at upper abs. 
 

Please check my form below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/eHUuJP4qP2Q?feature=share

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Huy Lui said:

Hi,

Today I work out at home. So the bar is a bit thicker than gym bar. I have some difficulty when lowering myself to chest level. Somehow I get blocked at upper abs. 
 

Please check my form below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/eHUuJP4qP2Q?feature=share

Try to reach a bit lower...you should have lo lean a bit backward...legs can counterbalance in the front.

Huy Lui
On 2/8/2022 at 2:42 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Try to reach a bit lower...you should have lo lean a bit backward...legs can counterbalance in the front.

Hi,

Please check my form. Today I did 5x5

https://youtube.com/shorts/K1QjwQ89XcA?feature=share