This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

front pull

Started by Gary Yngve, January 26, 2022 · 1 Replies · 57 Views

Gary Yngve

Hi Coaches,

I have what I think is one, and only one, hips-extended front pull.  After that one, I pike slightly.  To make progress, would the strategy to do more reps at say, half lay, and when I build to 5x5 at half lay, see where I am at one leg extended, and then at 5x5, proceed to full front pull?  The slight piking seems considerably easier, almost like it is using extra muscles.

Also, the prescribed progressions feel a little out of order for me.   I feel that by the time I have a proper front pull at 5x5, I'll be almost to my front lever.  I can hold a half-straddle FL for 10+ seconds and a half-lay FL for 8 seconds.  (On that note, when the progressions go 2-10 seconds, I assume it may be better train lower progressions if I'm just doing 2-4 second holds?  It seems like it wouldn't be enough time under tension to build strength.)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

Hi Coaches,

I have what I think is one, and only one, hips-extended front pull.  After that one, I pike slightly.  To make progress, would the strategy to do more reps at say, half lay, and when I build to 5x5 at half lay, see where I am at one leg extended, and then at 5x5, proceed to full front pull?  The slight piking seems considerably easier, almost like it is using extra muscles.

Also, the prescribed progressions feel a little out of order for me.   I feel that by the time I have a proper front pull at 5x5, I'll be almost to my front lever.  I can hold a half-straddle FL for 10+ seconds and a half-lay FL for 8 seconds.  (On that note, when the progressions go 2-10 seconds, I assume it may be better train lower progressions if I'm just doing 2-4 second holds?  It seems like it wouldn't be enough time under tension to build strength.)

 

 

Hi Gary for the first question i would answer yes,

For the second question if you use few seconds you should maybe deload early in the program but there is nothing bad about doing less.

for your own curiosity, i count 7'' good for half straddle and 3-4'' for the half lay.