This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extreme calf DOMs

Started by I.H. van de Bildt, January 23, 2022 · 1 Replies · 53 Views

I.H. van de Bildt

Hi, I Just started Gymnastic Bodies, and have been working on front splits for 2 years, nearly on the floor  However, after I did the Front splits training on Tuesday, the DOMs hit me really hard in the calves on Wednesday. Couldnt sleep from the pain, had to do my desk work standing on Thursday because standing up from sitting was a real pain. 

By now it feels more like light DOMs, and In finally feel like I can do a workout again after a few days rest (I usually work out 6 days a week)

So I guess it's the 3x60 calf raises that did that. What does that say about my flexibility, and how many reps would be best to start building up? Or should I Work on smth else first? I didn't see this coming at all and I dont feel like I went over my limits when I did it.

 

Thanks,

Ilona

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, I.H. van de Bildt said:

Hi, I Just started Gymnastic Bodies, and have been working on front splits for 2 years, nearly on the floor  However, after I did the Front splits training on Tuesday, the DOMs hit me really hard in the calves on Wednesday. Couldnt sleep from the pain, had to do my desk work standing on Thursday because standing up from sitting was a real pain. 

By now it feels more like light DOMs, and In finally feel like I can do a workout again after a few days rest (I usually work out 6 days a week)

So I guess it's the 3x60 calf raises that did that. What does that say about my flexibility, and how many reps would be best to start building up? Or should I Work on smth else first? I didn't see this coming at all and I dont feel like I went over my limits when I did it.

 

Thanks,

Ilona

Hey Ilona, doms basically means something that it is done too rarely and nothing more. do not hurry too much, i have doms every time i train legs...in fact, i train them once a week.