Anyone tried this?

Started by junior, June 19, 2010 · 9 Replies · 3,261 Views

junior

http://www.performbetter.com/detail.asp ... ryID_E_223

I wonder if anyone have tried or could recommend this? I have read the instruction on homemade parallets but i Norway it would cost med about 400$ to buy all the equipment needed. I says it would cost about 20$ in the US?

Neal Winkler

How much does PVC pipe cost in Norway? I thought you people were supposed to be super rich with all your oil. :D

Hayden Whealing

they look to short to do body weight rows like the girls in the 1st picture is.

Blairbob

Generally you can buy the PVC precut at a hardware store. Sometimes it will cost slightly more.

No way it's gonna cost $400 unless you need to buy tools. You can easily cut PVC with a hacksaw. That isn't that expensive.

Razz

Junior I'm from Denmark and there is no way it would cost 400$, don't know what kinda PVC you wanna use. Anyways if you can't find proper PVC, just make them out of wood. I recently built a pair of parallettes out of wood for 60kroner...or about 10$.

junior

Found another place where the price is: 180$ ( all pvc 40mm pieces, glue, cleaning liquid for PVC). I followed the instruction in the manual, and the gear needed. Is this cheap?

junior
Razz said:
Junior I'm from Denmark and there is no way it would cost 400$, don't know what kinda PVC you wanna use. Anyways if you can't find proper PVC, just make them out of wood. I recently built a pair of parallettes out of wood for 60kroner...or about 10$.

Where? Is it a good hight?

Razz

Well I went to the general hardware store and bought some wood and nailed it together, ill put up a pic in my log one of the coming days. It is about 40cm tall, plenty for handstand and press handstand work, not swing work though.

junior

Nice, thanks. I consider wood bars instead of PVC then.

Ryan Libke

I have made pvc parallets and have purchased wood ones. I definitely prefer the feel of wood. Also, pvc can emit harmful fumes, so I would not keep them for outside use. I have been thinking of building some wood ones, just for ducks, to have at my office, so I am curious as to plans for construction.