This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 training frequency

Started by Rokas Grigaitis, January 18, 2022 · 6 Replies · 186 Views

Rokas Grigaitis

Hello,

I recently started Gymnastic bodies training program. I have a bit of GST before that, however in order to re-build the weaknesses I decided to start from scratch and started with Foundations One course. I would also like to simultaneously train HS1 and movement1 courses. Would you say these are compatible? If so, how often you propose to train HS and movement?

 

Best,

Rock

Jeffrey Bittner

Absolutely! You are welcome to train all of these courses alongside one another. As you get started, I recommend doing each workout one time per week. Once your body has become accustomed to the work load you are welcome to adjust your training frequency, but I suggest limiting yourself to 2-3 sessions per week.

Nash Kabbara

@Jeffrey Bittner I'm in a similar boat to @Rokas Grigaitis. So it's perfectly productive to do HS once per week?

I've noticed that full recovery for my wrists does take about that amount of time, but I wasn't sure if one can progress through the levels if one only does it once per week.

Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
30 minutes ago, Nash Kabbara said:

@Jeffrey Bittner I'm in a similar boat to @Rokas Grigaitis. So it's perfectly productive to do HS once per week?

I've noticed that full recovery for my wrists does take about that amount of time, but I wasn't sure if one can progress through the levels if one only does it once per week.

Thanks!

 

In the long terms is is less productive because as a skill with an high technical component it should be practiced a lot. i remermber that i practiced one arm handstand 1 hour per day.

Nash Kabbara
On 5/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

In the long terms is is less productive because as a skill with an high technical component it should be practiced a lot. i remermber that i practiced one arm handstand 1 hour per day.

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente! At what point should one increase from one session per week to more sessions per week?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Nash Kabbara said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente! At what point should one increase from one session per week to more sessions per week?

Generally speaking the major obstacle at the beginning is the neck recovery. if you feel that you can recover within 2-3 days then another session can be implemented.

Nash Kabbara
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Generally speaking the major obstacle at the beginning is the neck recovery. if you feel that you can recover within 2-3 days then another session can be implemented.

Aha, I see.

For me, it's actually the wrists. Doing the long hollows on the wall is requiring about a week of recovery time before my wrists are back to normal. I guess I can apply the same principle here. When my wrists start recovering in 3 days, I'll add a session.