This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SP PE1

Started by Paul Del Casino, January 17, 2022 · 3 Replies · 46 Views

Paul Del Casino

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZzjUTl5jxx8?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/gABrjlReBDM?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/LYISRgNPFJ4?feature=share

as you can see for the swivel hips integrated mobility, I have extremely limited internal rotation bilaterally. This is as far as I can go before my buttock comes off the ground on that side.

I don’t think this is necessarily from poor conditioning or lifestyle as much as it is an anatomic variation. My question is does it make sense for me to stick with this step if it will take many months for me to get my knees to the ground internally (if they ever make it at all)?

Alessandro Mainente
Paul Del Casino said:
13 hours ago, Paul Del Casino said:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZzjUTl5jxx8?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/gABrjlReBDM?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/LYISRgNPFJ4?feature=share

as you can see for the swivel hips integrated mobility, I have extremely limited internal rotation bilaterally. This is as far as I can go before my buttock comes off the ground on that side.

I don’t think this is necessarily from poor conditioning or lifestyle as much as it is an anatomic variation. My question is does it make sense for me to stick with this step if it will take many months for me to get my knees to the ground internally (if they ever make it at all)?

Hi Paul, i understand you because i had a similar problem and it basically depends on lifestyle, how many hours you pass on sitting, type of sports did in the past (soccer and generally sports with fast change of direction leads to tighter internal rotation, having anatomical limitation is something that in 8 years of coaching I've never encountered for the internal rotation). regard to your execution:

1- the shrugs are incomplete: i would see the shoulder blades touching on the back when you are in the bottom position, without bending at the elbows;

2- for the swivel hips, probably the best solution is adding some stretch every day like for example in the same position having your upper back supported by a wall and help with the opposite hand the leg to move inside.

Paul Del Casino

Thanks for the guidance. I have included a new PE1 video here with what I think are full shrugs: 

It’s my understanding that I shouldn’t move past this PE until I have resolved my problem with the swivel hips though. 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Paul Del Casino said:

Thanks for the guidance. I have included a new PE1 video here with what I think are full shrugs: 

It’s my understanding that I shouldn’t move past this PE until I have resolved my problem with the swivel hips though. 

Well, try at least for a month because also the PE can be improved. if the internal rotation is extremely tight you will need years to fix it, so probably for you specifically we can make an exception.