This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE 2 Form Check

Started by Jefferson Chen Tang, January 16, 2022 · 7 Replies · 55 Views

Jefferson Chen Tang

 

 

I have (5) questions. 

1) Do I need to depress my shoulder more?

2) Am I bouncing at the top or at the bottom or at anywhere else?

3) Do I have a proper body alignment?

4) Do I need more posterior tilt?

5) Are there other problems that I did not mention? 

 

Thank you. 

Alessandro Mainente
Jefferson Chen Tang said:
16 hours ago, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

 

 

I have (5) questions. 

1) Do I need to depress my shoulder more?

2) Am I bouncing at the top or at the bottom or at anywhere else?

3) Do I have a proper body alignment?

4) Do I need more posterior tilt?

5) Are there other problems that I did not mention? 

 

Thank you. 

Hey Jefferson exactly likes for the shrugs is better to have more protraction and stop one second at the top.

Jefferson Chen Tang

 

1) As the set goes on, my form breaks down. is that a strength problem or is it because it hasn't become a habit yet? 

2) Are there cues that can help with my posterior tilt and shoulder protraction? 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/17/2022 at 3:19 PM, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

 

1) As the set goes on, my form breaks down. is that a strength problem or is it because it hasn't become a habit yet? 

2) Are there cues that can help with my posterior tilt and shoulder protraction? 

It is for sure a technical habit, looking at your execution it appears easy so it is not a strength deficit, you much use your brain to adapt to every single detail. You can consider doing a low number of reps on one day and simply stopping when the technique becomes bad. in another day slow down the tempo and perform singles or double, i mean 3'' down and 3'' up with 1'' stop at the top, the long time under tension gives you the possibility to think about correction. there is no magic shortcut..good technique...and repeat. a mirror for sure can help in this stage.

Jefferson Chen Tang

Did I have the correct form at the 3 second mark?

Also, is it a must for my chest to touch the ground? I've noticed that I would lose my body line as I approach the ground, because I try to touch my chest with it. 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

Did I have the correct form at the 3 second mark?

Also, is it a must for my chest to touch the ground? I've noticed that I would lose my body line as I approach the ground, because I try to touch my chest with it. 

 no, if you read carefully my previous answer i stated that in your case in order to improve technique you have to:

- reduce the reps at the number where they are acceptable and simply increase the set for couple of week;

- in another workout perform slow repetition (3'' down, 3'' up, 1'' stop in the top position) so that you can control the technique.

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/19/2022 at 1:57 AM, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

Did I have the correct form at the 3 second mark?

Also, is it a must for my chest to touch the ground? I've noticed that I would lose my body line as I approach the ground, because I try to touch my chest with it. 

Yes, if you look to the technique you can see that it is perfect. the goal is to base your execution on the sensation that you have from slow movement then apply to normal tempo.