This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C5 Planche Lean

Started by Kacper Madej, January 10, 2022 · 10 Replies · 92 Views

Kacper Madej

Hi coaches,

I'd love to get some feedback on the planche leans. This feels significantly harder than the previous exercises. I also feel like the more I lean forward, the more my wrists are losing contact with the ground.

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p2Q48Nb45pyQdMSB6

 

What should I improve here?

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Hi coaches,

I'd love to get some feedback on the planche leans. This feels significantly harder than the previous exercises. I also feel like the more I lean forward, the more my wrists are losing contact with the ground.

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p2Q48Nb45pyQdMSB6

 

What should I improve here?

Hey Kacper, one step at a time...we need to fix the starting setup that basically should e a normal straight arm plank...on the opposite your hips are higher than necessary..

Kacper Madej

Hey Alessandro, in the meantime I also gave the planche lean another go: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RrSmSpFZnSE391At8

I think in this video the heel/hip/shoulder line looks good? But I'm not sure if the shoulder protraction and depression are strong enough...

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/11/2022 at 2:18 PM, Kacper Madej said:

Hi Alessandro - here's the plank: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mrgHNz15Bfdz5Vbq8

Ok, begin by adjusting this one...

- leg together

- press the hips lower. there should be a straight line running from shoulders to heel.

Kacper Madej

Sorry for the delay, I had an extraction of my wisdom tooth. I don't recommend this :wacko:

 

Here's the plank with your suggested adjustments: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GBvWHKcHtrHBLzkZ6

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice adjustment. As you hold, make sure that you are pushing down strong into the ground through your shoulders. Your goal is to maintain a strong protraction throughout your set. Keep up the good work!

Kacper Madej

Thanks Jeffrey! Should I still work on my plank then or can I move to planche leans?

Jeffrey Bittner

Fix your protraction during your plank before moving on.

Kacper Madej

Wow, this turns out much more difficult than I thought! I'm at 4x52s right now - I would appreciate some feedback if I'm going into the right direction. Here's my 4th set of 52s: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u8af4x6FdheNkH2k9

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Kacper Madej said:

Wow, this turns out much more difficult than I thought! I'm at 4x52s right now - I would appreciate some feedback if I'm going into the right direction. Here's my 4th set of 52s: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u8af4x6FdheNkH2k9

Hey Kacper , you can notice the difference on protraction between 14'' and 44''...ideally only sets with the 14'' form should be performed. if not you are going to remember also low quality setup from low quality sets.