What year can you get to?

Started by Neal Winkler, June 19, 2010 · 7 Replies · 3,576 Views

Neal Winkler

Watch the following two videos. They depict the evolution of ring routines throughout the years. Find the latest ring routine that you think you can get to someday! Of course, many of us will not have the facility to do the swinging elements, so, if you like, you can make your selection based on strength elements.

vSVRIL4ycoI

KCBrVHoRkso

I think my strength elements will top out around 1988 or 1992. But I'm not confident that I will get a straight planche on the rings. So, maybe 1988 or 1992 with a straddle.

Razz

2010 :mrgreen:

Jason Stein

maybe 1888?

When an L-sit was gold.

Thanks for sharing that.

j

Nick Van Bockxmeer

crap! that balandin routine was amazing. here is the video by itself:

mGr9RzAVvKA

edit - scored 15.7. maybe the difficulty was a bit low? Cross straight body press to cross though :shock:

JL

What year was strength training discovered by man? I'll take the year before that.

Animalonfire

First video is broken.

7Fuao_2XeZ4

From there I'd be pretty happy with 1988

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

1996 with Yuri :D

Tarun Suri

First link, fixed:

I guess it's kind of motivating to know that in a year or so, I should be able to get 1955? :lol:

Hardest parts seem to be wide grip muscle up (dooable in a year), Handstand on rings (now that one I'm not so sure). Maybe a year from when the handstand chronicles comes out.