Hi Guys,
I followed every progression in both foundation and handstand until I reached the A7: Pancake Arch-Up and I can't make it to the floor with my chest or forehead like how the guy in the video shows us. Should I continue as I can or better to do a regression?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Cant make A7: Pancake Arch-Up
Started by Botond Orban, December 18, 2021 · 9 Replies · 73 Views
8 hours ago, Botond Orban said:Hi Guys,
I followed every progression in both foundation and handstand until I reached the A7: Pancake Arch-Up and I can't make it to the floor with my chest or forehead like how the guy in the video shows us. Should I continue as I can or better to do a regression?
Hey Orban, i suggest you post a form check so that i can see better possible deficits..
@Alessandro Mainente
Can you please check the form for me for the "A7: Press Walk"
https://share.icloud.com/photos/072gQMRzgpulZlZodjArqudEQ
As I stopped the video at my maximum peak, It seems to me that as I draw the vertical line from my "weight point" to the floor it doesn't fall into the territory of my palm, in other words I should compress a bit more or I should lean just about 5-7 cm more forward to achieve the "floating" to "lifting my legs" right? At the top should I have the floating feeling shouldn't I?
So in the below position, instead of "falling" I should feel like "floating in weightlessness" shouldn't I?

Also here is my Good morning:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#024fcqMVjdq3gUeuDRQade-_w
And here is my Pike Fold:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0a5H2N9Yf7mxNmZfHrsqWJOTQ
On 1/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, Botond Orban said:@Alessandro Mainente
Can you please check the form for me for the "A7: Press Walk"
https://share.icloud.com/photos/072gQMRzgpulZlZodjArqudEQ
As I stopped the video at my maximum peak, It seems to me that as I draw the vertical line from my "weight point" to the floor it doesn't fall into the territory of my palm, in other words I should compress a bit more or I should lean just about 5-7 cm more forward to achieve the "floating" to "lifting my legs" right? At the top should I have the floating feeling shouldn't I?
![]()
So in the below position, instead of "falling" I should feel like "floating in weightlessness" shouldn't I?
Also here is my Good morning:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#024fcqMVjdq3gUeuDRQade-_w
And here is my Pike Fold:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0a5H2N9Yf7mxNmZfHrsqWJOTQ
Hey Botond, i think that your main issue in the pancake is at the hips, if you have the stretch series, how proficient you are on the front split and piriformis stretch from the middle split?
@Alessandro Mainente I think You made the point. I am not efficient at all, in fact I am struggling, but doing that every weekend as prescribed regularly since september, in fact in the last month I’ve observed a bit more progress… Should I stretch the piriformis more often? (I know a few people who are Stretching it every morning) What is Your advice
( I am also assuming that You managed to watch the videos right?)
1 hour ago, Botond Orban said:@Alessandro Mainente I think You made the point. I am not efficient at all, in fact I am struggling, but doing that every weekend as prescribed regularly since september, in fact in the last month I’ve observed a bit more progress… Should I stretch the piriformis more often? (I know a few people who are Stretching it every morning) What is Your advice
( I am also assuming that You managed to watch the videos right?)
yes for sure...i would like to see your piriformis...yes i have watched them! thanks
@Alessandro Mainente
Here is my piriformis:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0bahyCdjYJblQDWG4P6f6LSnw
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#022eR8WSnmmBCsb7tH1jog7CA
1 hour ago, Botond Orban said:@Alessandro Mainente
Here is my piriformis:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0bahyCdjYJblQDWG4P6f6LSnw
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#022eR8WSnmmBCsb7tH1jog7CA
Ok, wel the technique must be strongly revisited, the front foot should be placed exactly in front of the same hip, not the opposite.
13 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Ok, wel the technique must be strongly revisited, the front foot should be placed exactly in front of the same hip, not the opposite.
Super, thx, so the legs shouldn't cross the centreline, or just barely cross the centerline. I just tried it and it is more effective. thx.
Any other idea which comes to Your mind?
12 hours ago, Botond Orban said:Super, thx, so the legs shouldn't cross the centreline, or just barely cross the centerline. I just tried it and it is more effective. thx.
Any other idea which comes to Your mind?![]()
yes...strive to hold an apt actively as much as you can...if you try the press to hs element after couple of set of piriformis you will see a very good differece.