This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

General Questions

Started by Paul Amato, December 13, 2021 · 1 Replies · 77 Views

Paul Amato

I just started last week and had several questions that I hope a forum member could answer or moderator.

1. When I point my toes, I experience foot and toe cramps and sometimes shin cramps. When I flex to flat, it goes away, but I can't maintain my toes pointing for 30 seconds. Will this go away? Any ideas to expedite?

2. Doing the ape walk, is it better to have the feet flat or the hips down?

3. In the supine position, should the back of the shoulders be touching the ground?

Thank you for any help answering these questions.

 

Paul 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Paul Amato said:

I just started last week and had several questions that I hope a forum member could answer or moderator.

1. When I point my toes, I experience foot and toe cramps and sometimes shin cramps. When I flex to flat, it goes away, but I can't maintain my toes pointing for 30 seconds. Will this go away? Any ideas to expedite?

2. Doing the ape walk, is it better to have the feet flat or the hips down?

3. In the supine position, should the back of the shoulders be touching the ground?

Thank you for any help answering these questions.

 

Paul 

Hi Paul, here follows my suggestions:

1- pretty common, if you have access to stretch series adding the seiza stretch in the long terms will decrease the tendency of having cramps when pointing toes;

2- higher hips is the main focus for the GB shoulders conditioning and mobility requirements;

3-if you are referring to the hollow and arch then the shoulder blade should almost touch the ground...if not..