This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When do I increase the step? + Rest times

Started by Tim K, December 9, 2021 · 1 Replies · 133 Views

Tim K

Hello there,

I'm a new member and I'm just getting started with the integrated plans intermediate 1. So far I'm really enjoying it and am really impressed with the way that the programs are structured. I do have a question about the Steps/Progressions and would love some advice on it. As well as a question on the rest times. 

Do I increase the step right after hitting all the required sets/reps + mobility work (while the last rep of the last set was my absolute max), or should I increase the step after getting comfortable in said step? For my second question, I was wondering whether I should be resting in between the rounds of an exercise or whether I should be going back to back like what is done in the exercise follow-along.

Thanks in advance for answering!

Tim

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, Tim K said:

Hello there,

I'm a new member and I'm just getting started with the integrated plans intermediate 1. So far I'm really enjoying it and am really impressed with the way that the programs are structured. I do have a question about the Steps/Progressions and would love some advice on it. As well as a question on the rest times. 

Do I increase the step right after hitting all the required sets/reps + mobility work (while the last rep of the last set was my absolute max), or should I increase the step after getting comfortable in said step? For my second question, I was wondering whether I should be resting in between the rounds of an exercise or whether I should be going back to back like what is done in the exercise follow-along.

Thanks in advance for answering!

Tim

Hey Tim,

for the first question...i would say that when you hit a goal of repsxset and you have 1-2 reps in reserve in the last set you are ready to move on.

for the second question..generally speaking, the rest is the time required to do the integrated mobility.