This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE18

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 25, 2021 · 16 Replies · 199 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches,

I am going to start with the negatives (negatives always work as a great starting point for me).

Just 1 rep per set for now.

set 1

set 2

set 3

Looking back set 1 & 3 were a little fast and set 2 was more controlled. 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches,

I am going to start with the negatives (negatives always work as a great starting point for me).

Just 1 rep per set for now.

set 1

set 2

set 3

Looking back set 1 & 3 were a little fast and set 2 was more controlled. 

Thanks!

Before looking at the last row..i said..."set 2 was the best". only one little tip is trying to hold the hips extended.

Alessandro Mainente
49 minutes ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Alright... how is this hip extension looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Eszd02380

Thanks!

Better, now...do not flex at wrists at the top of the rep.

Awais Muzaffar

Ok thanks! For knowledge can I ask why flex wrist at top is wrong? Is it resulting in elbow stress perhaps?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok thanks! For knowledge can I ask why flex wrist at top is wrong? Is it resulting in elbow stress perhaps?

Because the wrist flexor is not the prime mover for this exercise. the wrist flexion comes directly from the position at the half of the movement where to take advantage of the horizontal lever you flex at the wrist because the lats are not enough strong. in the long term, you will reach a plateau if you do not learn how to use properly the lats because the wrist cannot compensate for the lat's lack of strenght.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks for that detailed advice. It looks like I cheated a bit with flexing wrists.

I will need to keep at this and make sure lat strength is built up.

PS: This is a great exercise!

Awais Muzaffar

Okay one full rep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEMlQuQiOU

- But on the negative I noticed I still flexed wrist a bit! I need to unlearn this habit...
- Hips seem extended on both up and down

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay one full rep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEMlQuQiOU

- But on the negative I noticed I still flexed wrist a bit! I need to unlearn this habit...
- Hips seem extended on both up and down

Try to hands less from palm and more from fingers.

Awais Muzaffar

Okay coaches here is an example of a complete rep in half-lay: 

Anything to make this better?

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/11/2021 at 4:56 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay coaches here is an example of a complete rep in half-lay: 

Anything to make this better?

Very Nice Awais.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey! Just need a double check on 4 reps (2nd set) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBVlC_hguU

1. Do my hips extended look good? Sometimes I can feel them closing a bit, especially on ascent. 
2. When I get to 3+ reps, in order to complete the ascent part, I find I need to push away with explosiveness, or I fall back down.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey! Just need a double check on 4 reps (2nd set) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBVlC_hguU

1. Do my hips extended look good? Sometimes I can feel them closing a bit, especially on ascent. 
2. When I get to 3+ reps, in order to complete the ascent part, I find I need to push away with explosiveness, or I fall back down.

Thanks!

nice form. nothing to say!

Awais Muzaffar

Oh good to hear :) I'll continue...

Awais Muzaffar

I was doing this exercise as warm up, and thought it would be nice to share, that now I am doing these with legs fully extended and hips fully open.

The FL and RC progressions really seem to go hand in hand:
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

I was doing this exercise as warm up, and thought it would be nice to share, that now I am doing these with legs fully extended and hips fully open.

The FL and RC progressions really seem to go hand in hand:
 

 

Exactly..nice observation...