This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

when to increase reps?

Started by Georg Kremer, November 21, 2021 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

Georg Kremer

Hi, I'm currently doing F2. As the title says, I want to know when to increase reps. 
I've heard Coach talk in his podcasts about going through overload/load/underload, how does this refer to the program? Should I stick with the reps of every single step until it's really easy (i.e. 3x1 L-Pull Up, which already seems quite easy after 5x5 L Chinups) , or should I work my way to 5x5 and then master the 5x5 until its easy before moving on? Or should I just move on immediately, once  I master the reps with good form?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Georg Kremer said:

Hi, I'm currently doing F2. As the title says, I want to know when to increase reps. 
I've heard Coach talk in his podcasts about going through overload/load/underload, how does this refer to the program? Should I stick with the reps of every single step until it's really easy (i.e. 3x1 L-Pull Up, which already seems quite easy after 5x5 L Chinups) , or should I work my way to 5x5 and then master the 5x5 until its easy before moving on? Or should I just move on immediately, once  I master the reps with good form?

Thanks

Hey George, a more accelerated approach for those who have mastered F2 is testing directly the mastery...for example 5x5. My suggestion is to move from one set to the following (like from 3x1 to 5x1) if and only if you that you have at least 3 or more reps in reserve in the last set.