This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility / Strength Progressions

Started by Ryan W Ballent, November 17, 2021 · 3 Replies · 114 Views

Ryan W Ballent

If I am able to complete a strength progression such as headstands but do have mastery on the mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions), should I move up to the next strength progression (forearm headstands) but stay on the unmastered mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions)?

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Ryan W Ballent said:

If I am able to complete a strength progression such as headstands but do have mastery on the mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions), should I move up to the next strength progression (forearm headstands) but stay on the unmastered mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions)?

 

hI Ryan , for the specific GB suggestion you should stick with the same element until mobility is fixed.

Ryan W Ballent

Ok. Thank you.  For the static standing shoulder extensions, would you recommend I perform the 5x10 sec holds more than 2xweek? If so, how many days would you recommend?  

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, Ryan W Ballent said:

If I am able to complete a strength progression such as headstands but do have mastery on the mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions), should I move up to the next strength progression (forearm headstands) but stay on the unmastered mobility element (static standing shoulder extensions)?

 

hI Ryan , if you can make progress with once a week you can stay with once a week.