This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C6: Negative Hanging Leg Lift

Started by rwballent, November 16, 2021 · 20 Replies · 144 Views

rwballent

I am able to perform the C5: 1/2 hanging leg lift well but I am unable to to bring my knees up to my chest / bar to start the C6: negative hanging leg lift. I was wondering if someone could help me find out what I need to focus on. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Ryan W Ballent said:

I am able to perform the C5: 1/2 hanging leg lift well but I am unable to to bring my knees up to my chest / bar to start the C6: negative hanging leg lift. I was wondering if someone could help me find out what I need to focus on. Thanks!

Hey Ryan, GB elements are strongly supported by previous elements especially in the manna progression if you do not match the pre req of a previous IM you have low chances to move forward. This is why we provide a form check review on the private subforum...so I'm gonna ask you to show your lever on IM5 and then i'll can tell you if the problem is coordination and technique or if the limitation to progress is the lack of mobility.

Ryan W Ballent

Will do. Just to clarify, you would like to see my 1/2 hanging leg lift?

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/17/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ryan W Ballent said:

Will do. Just to clarify, you would like to see my 1/2 hanging leg lift?

Hey Ryan nope...the integrated mobility of the previous element. since it can be the liming factor i must check if it can be or not in your situation.

Duncan Lally

I would also love some advice in this very advanced move which somewhat comes out of the blue after half raise which is quite straightforward…still not there after a year of trying.

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, Duncan Lally said:

I would also love some advice in this very advanced move which somewhat comes out of the blue after half raise which is quite straightforward…still not there after a year of trying.

Hi Ducan when you arrive at this point the most relevant and limiting factor is the posterior chain mobility, how is your pike?

Duncan Lally
15 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Ducan when you arrive at this point the most relevant and limiting factor is the posterior chain mobility, how is your pike?

I just sit on floor and lean as far forward as possible?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Duncan Lally said:

I just sit on floor and lean as far forward as possible?

best lean forward!

Duncan Lally
On 4/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

best lean forward!

Voilà 8AB85944-465E-4A38-9183-FB5725B7AD94.thumb.jpeg.a1759a1f4cc10c006252b31c10706b59.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Duncan Lally said:

Voilà 8AB85944-465E-4A38-9183-FB5725B7AD94.thumb.jpeg.a1759a1f4cc10c006252b31c10706b59.jpeg

Hey Duncan..ok the main problem is the posterior chain especiallt because you are bending at the  knees.

can you post the IM of the previous 2 elements? i need to see if they match a minimum of range of motion.

Duncan Lally
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Duncan..ok the main problem is the posterior chain especiallt because you are bending at the  knees.

can you post the IM of the previous 2 elements? i need to see if they match a minimum of range of motion.

Hi Alessandro - sorry, what is IM? - and for the previous 2 elements you mean prior to the negative leg raise?

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Duncan Lally said:

Hi Alessandro - sorry, what is IM? - and for the previous 2 elements you mean prior to the negative leg raise?

Every strength element is paired with a INtegrated Mobility exercise. IM refers to this element and yes for the second question. the mobility ensure that the strength dficit of a neew elemnt is made easier due to the  combination of strength + mobility of the previous steps.

Edward Shearer

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem. C6 seems to be a huge jump from the end of C5. How can I find out what I need to work on? I assume my pike is also not strong enough yet, since I fine the vertical pike pulls very challenging to go 4 bars or closer together. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, Edward Shearer said:

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem. C6 seems to be a huge jump from the end of C5. How can I find out what I need to work on? I assume my pike is also not strong enough yet, since I fine the vertical pike pulls very challenging to go 4 bars or closer together. 

hi Edward can I seen your execution please?

Edward Shearer
On 8/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

hi Edward can I seen your execution please?

Hi Alessandro, thanks for getting back to me. What would you like to see, the leg lift or the pike pulls, or both? 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Edward Shearer said:

Hi Alessandro, thanks for getting back to me. What would you like to see, the leg lift or the pike pulls, or both? 

Both of them...

Edward Shearer
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Both of them...

Hi here you go. I think it is not actually as bad as I thought. I cannot do near 10 seconds but it is better than a few weeks ago. I read the your advice above and am working on my pike more by reincorporating Jefferson Curls back into my routines. I actually really miss them, I wonder; why they are not in the progression anymore? I found them to be highly beneficial. 

https://youtu.be/WopCtSbDLYo

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Edward Shearer said:

Hi here you go. I think it is not actually as bad as I thought. I cannot do near 10 seconds but it is better than a few weeks ago. I read the your advice above and am working on my pike more by reincorporating Jefferson Curls back into my routines. I actually really miss them, I wonder; why they are not in the progression anymore? I found them to be highly beneficial. 

https://youtu.be/WopCtSbDLYo

the main limitations here is the posterior chain flexibility...

try thi:   

 

and show me how much you ca raise the leg. both sides..

 

Edward Shearer
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

and show me how much you ca raise the leg. both sides..

 

https://youtu.be/KSF6DSLNMX8

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Edward Shearer said:

Well you reach the minimum but you need more in the long term. i doubt that the main limitation is the compression ( the pike) that it is not enough. the more the tension in the posterior chain the less proficeint you can be in the leg raise variations..

Todd Sprenkle
On 8/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, Edward Shearer said:

<snip> ... am working on my pike more by reincorporating Jefferson Curls back into my routines. I actually really miss them, I wonder; why they are not in the progression anymore? I found them to be highly beneficial. 

They're still in Foundation 1 where they've always been:  MN/PE2>iM