This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Open planche

Started by William L.Rouchdy, November 10, 2021 · 3 Replies · 76 Views

William L.Rouchdy

Hi,

I'm new to the foundation training program and have been doing calisthenics for a while. Would like a form check to know if I need to scale back the intensity. I think I am way unbalanced as I could do level 4 for pulling movements but I struggle with lvl 3 pressing strength and can't hold properly a handstand.

Here's a video of my open planche : 

And the mobility, which I struggled alot to perform, it was my first time.

Thanks for your feedback !

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, William L.Rouchdy said:

Hi,

I'm new to the foundation training program and have been doing calisthenics for a while. Would like a form check to know if I need to scale back the intensity. I think I am way unbalanced as I could do level 4 for pulling movements but I struggle with lvl 3 pressing strength and can't hold properly a handstand.

Here's a video of my open planche : 

And the mobility, which I struggled alot to perform, it was my first time.

Thanks for your feedback !

 

hEY wILLIAM, NOT BAD..REALLY!  how's your level on the open tuck? i mean what is your max hold?

William L.Rouchdy
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hEY wILLIAM, NOT BAD..REALLY!  how's your level on the open tuck? i mean what is your max hold?

Thank you, before starting the foundations I was doing 5 sets of 10s with proper form, so I'm guessing 15s of max holds if I were going to muscle failure.

I did take a step back though to make sure I was doing the right thing. Watching the videos in the series and on the forum made me realize I was in anterior pelvic tilt with arched back so I started working towards lowering my hips to shoulder level and keeping a rounded back. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/14/2021 at 8:07 PM, William L.Rouchdy said:

Thank you, before starting the foundations I was doing 5 sets of 10s with proper form, so I'm guessing 15s of max holds if I were going to muscle failure.

I did take a step back though to make sure I was doing the right thing. Watching the videos in the series and on the forum made me realize I was in anterior pelvic tilt with arched back so I started working towards lowering my hips to shoulder level and keeping a rounded back. 

Got it...well stay away from muscles failure.