This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Headstand pushup on parallets

Started by Nuno Duarte, November 9, 2021 · 5 Replies · 85 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hello!! Today i tried to do some HePU on parallets. Is this good???

Thank you for your help!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Nuno.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Nuno. Remember to keep your core muscles engaged as you press back up to handstand for a tighter body line.

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hello!! Today i tried to do some HePU on parallets. Is this good???

Thank you for your help!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Nuno.

 

If we want to be more accurate you should think about lean, pressing is a matter of shoulders....if you begin with moving the elbows backward you stress more elbows (that are usually weaker) and less the shoulders. for loading greatly the shoulders the forearms should stay always vertical.

Nuno Duarte

Thanks Alessandro. I think i see what ypu are saying. I should start with a lean first and then bend the arms and iniciate the descend right??

 

Thanks for the help!!

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Thanks Alessandro. I think i see what ypu are saying. I should start with a lean first and then bend the arms and iniciate the descend right??

 

Thanks for the help!!

exacly...if you gein with the in the same moment you load the tricep unnecessary...when done in this way the full rom hspu has a great carryover on planche and planche press....because the exercise is shoulder dominant.

Nuno Duarte
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

exacly...if you gein with the in the same moment you load the tricep unnecessary...when done in this way the full rom hspu has a great carryover on planche and planche press....because the exercise is shoulder dominant.

Is this it? I was just training the technique... thats why i have jeans :)

thanks!!!

Nuno