This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

E4 supine floor handstand extension

Started by Shane Lonergan, October 25, 2021 · 1 Replies · 48 Views

Shane Lonergan

I do not have the mobility to maintain a PPT when flat on the floor and when I weight my quads I still don't have the mobility to PPT. I have to raise my legs off the ground to PPT. I was a race cyclist for a number of years resulting in very tight quads.

I know lack of quad mobility etc is my limiter and a big limiter for progression in a wide range of areas. I have  addressed this by: I have doubled the quad stretching on the front splits videos, I have also completed the middle and front splits mobility drills consistently for 7 months. While my hamstrings, calf's etc are more open I have seen very little improvement in my quad/ psoas mobility. I also have added deadlifting to my programme to stimulate the posterior chain. 

Can you suggest whether there is an alternative E4 drill I should complete? And are there any additional quad mobility/PPT exercises I could do to improve my quad/psoas mobility? 

Alessandro Mainente
33 minutes ago, Shane Lonergan said:

I do not have the mobility to maintain a PPT when flat on the floor and when I weight my quads I still don't have the mobility to PPT. I have to raise my legs off the ground to PPT. I was a race cyclist for a number of years resulting in very tight quads.

I know lack of quad mobility etc is my limiter and a big limiter for progression in a wide range of areas. I have  addressed this by: I have doubled the quad stretching on the front splits videos, I have also completed the middle and front splits mobility drills consistently for 7 months. While my hamstrings, calf's etc are more open I have seen very little improvement in my quad/ psoas mobility. I also have added deadlifting to my programme to stimulate the posterior chain. 

Can you suggest whether there is an alternative E4 drill I should complete? And are there any additional quad mobility/PPT exercises I could do to improve my quad/psoas mobility? 

I Shane, the first step is checking for the exercise execution. the one from the Gb course is usually done wrongly in 99% of the cases....i hope you are not one of them. so o for a video in the front split section. Also, consider that the more time you have passed on restricting a range of motion the more time you will need to restore it.