This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE3 + IM

Started by David Pardy 340028, October 20, 2021 · 8 Replies · 57 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hi, can I please have any feedback?  I'm bottomed out in the squats although it's possible I might be able to sink a little further back (I tried this on about reps 8-10).  This was round 4.

I'm not really sure what to look for to improve in the IM so I have no idea if it's good or not.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, David Pardy 340028 said:

Hi, can I please have any feedback?  I'm bottomed out in the squats although it's possible I might be able to sink a little further back (I tried this on about reps 8-10).  This was round 4.

I'm not really sure what to look for to improve in the IM so I have no idea if it's good or not.

 

 

Hey David, my only suggestion is to focus on reducing the work of the IM to the hips leaving the effort from the spine.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente - I'll try to put it into practice.  I've been trying to maximise and exaggerate my range of motion to try and really open up the hips and I think that's why it's been transferring to the spine

David Pardy 340028

Hi Alex, just wondering if you might have any further feedback for me please?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, David Pardy 340028 said:

Hi Alex, just wondering if you might have any further feedback for me please?

 

Not bad...if you notice when you begin from the back you reach a good hips extension (you raise the knee at hips level) ...try to do it also when you begin from the front.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex!  I'll keep working on it

David Pardy 340028

Hi Alex, just wondering if this is better, good enough for mastery?
 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great adjustment! Try to maintain your shoulder and scapula position (protraction) as you do this exercise. I recommend including this in your warm up as you move forward.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Jeff!  Much appreciated.  It's a great exercise, very difficult to coordinate the whole body I've found.  I'll follow your advice.  I'm keen to keep moving through these progressions :)