This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge form check and advice

Started by Kanesa Seraphin, October 10, 2021 · 3 Replies · 47 Views

Kanesa Seraphin

Looking for advice and guidance on my thoracic bridge at the end of the follow along. I started really tight… this is 4 years worth of increased mobility, but I did not realize how far I am from being vertical over my hands. 

thoughts welcome!

kanesa

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Kanesa Seraphin said:

Looking for advice and guidance on my thoracic bridge at the end of the follow along. I started really tight… this is 4 years worth of increased mobility, but I did not realize how far I am from being vertical over my hands. 

thoughts welcome!

kanesa

 

Hey Kanesa...this is very inspiring!! consistency and patience pay off! always.

Kanesa Seraphin
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Kanesa...this is very inspiring!! consistency and patience pay off! always.

Thanks Alessandro! 
… I guess that means keep up more of the same?!  Any additional advice for getting my thoracic body more over my shoulders? I’d like to progress to be able to do a kick over from this position! K

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Kanesa Seraphin said:

Thanks Alessandro! 
… I guess that means keep up more of the same?!  Any additional advice for getting my thoracic body more over my shoulders? I’d like to progress to be able to do a kick over from this position! K

Well performing the bridge with elevated feet is the key, probably beginning with the feet on the first pole. the idea (once you can lock out your knees with legs together) is beginning the bridge with the hips closer and closer to the stallbar..in this way locking the knees out will move the shoulders past the hands.