This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE14 - Kip extension

Started by Awais Muzaffar, October 7, 2021 · 9 Replies · 85 Views

Alessandro Mainente
7 minutes ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches, like the inverted bar hang this one again feels much harder than it looks!

Here is a not so perfect attempt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmBFqutTC4I

Thanks!

Hey Awais...i think it is especially hard due to the logistic of your logistic.

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/7/2021 at 4:08 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Yeah I think so... this was another attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFDH3KJabew

But the top bar is displacing my feet - I'll have to use the outside bar in the cold :)

Ddddddddon't bend at the elbows......

Awais Muzaffar

Okay! Firstly my logisitics got a nice update now :)

Secondly, I listen to your advice about bending elbows... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD85zuU5CAI

Key points

- Compression element makes this challenge for me.
- I get a small bend in my knees, during the compression phase.

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay! Firstly my logisitics got a nice update now :)

Secondly, I listen to your advice about bending elbows... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD85zuU5CAI

Key points

- Compression element makes this challenge for me.
- I get a small bend in my knees, during the compression phase.

Thank you!

Well now the elnows are ocked out, focus not on holding the knees locked and the legs closer to the bar.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay... So I've got a recording of set 2 and 3.

It's improved from before:

Set 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwYwNgnOy8

Set 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoFurgMPhI

Notes: The athlete in the video manages to get toes to bar, I'm around ankle to bars - anymore and I break the form!

yes, yu're roght. probablòy the ankles to bar is for you more accessible looking to your performance, you can split up the mastery requirements of "toes to bar" in 2 parts: first mastering 5x5 with angkes to bar, then more to 5x5 with toes to bar.

Awais Muzaffar

Ok thanks. Sounds like a plan!

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok thanks. Sounds like a plan!

because it is!