This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100615

Started by Coach Sommer, June 15, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,281 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of MU, forward roll to hanging L-sit, Crank, Half Reverse Crank, MU, 15 sec XR Support Position

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Rest 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

2) Rest at least two minutes between German Hang Pull sets.

3) As much as possible, the ring strength series should be performed as a single set, uninterrupted by stops or rests.

4) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

5) Adjust the body position used during the Cranks, Half Reverse Cranks and German Hang Pulls to suit your current strength levels.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the German Hangs.

Alvaro

Well today was kinda strange as I can´t even do a kiping muscle up so...

3 sets of:

-pull up false grip the higher the better,

-assisted dip on XR and then negative MU

-from hanging L sit tuck cranck

-half negative cranck

-then again :-pull up false grip the higher the better,

-assisted dip on XR and then negative MU

-15 seconds of XR support (first set, second set 10 seconds, last one 10 seconds falling 2 or 3 times!)

no problems with the German hang(finally something I can work as Rx´d!)

It was tiring but not so much when I finished (even I was struggling to finish the repetitions), maybe I have to add reps to the pull ups and dips If I can´t do MU.

Blairbob

Does it matter if the german hangs are too simple? Or is this aimed mostly at mobility?

Coach Sommer
Blairbob said:
Does it matter if the german hangs are too simple? Or is this aimed mostly at mobility?

If proper German Hangs with the rings turned out are too simple, then substitute with a back lever variation.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer