This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Intensification/Accumulation F1-4

Started by Mario Schmitt 368795, October 1, 2021 · 4 Replies · 61 Views

Mario Schmitt 368795

Hi, 

I just wanted to ask a general question about training/periodization with the foundation courses 1-4. 
Do you think there is any need to think about intensification/accumulation phases in order to make sure to make progress over a longer period of time. 

I would appreciate the thoughts of you coaches on this topic.

Thank you in advance! 


 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Mario Schmitt 368795 said:

Hi, 

I just wanted to ask a general question about training/periodization with the foundation courses 1-4. 
Do you think there is any need to think about intensification/accumulation phases in order to make sure to make progress over a longer period of time. 

I would appreciate the thoughts of you coaches on this topic.

Thank you in advance! 


 

 

Hi Mario , until you progress with the accumulation strategy you do not need it. I've used it only for my advanced athletes for example one of them hit one arm pullup with 17 kg and 25'' rings full planche. but it is definitely more complex.

Mario Schmitt 368795

Thank you for your valuation! 
Therefore I'll probably stay best with rep or set addition until I have reached a higher or more complex level of training.

There is another personal question that occurs to me regarding progression. I hope its ok to ask...

I am 1,92 m tall and weigh around 80kg.  Although I am relatively light in relation to my height, it can be rather suboptimal for gymnastic strength training, right? Are there general approaches to consider in terms of frequency and overall volume for the progressions if you tend to be in the heavier (and taller) weight class for bodyweight skills/conditioning?

Thank you, I really appreciate your rating! 

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Mario Schmitt 368795 said:

Thank you for your valuation! 
Therefore I'll probably stay best with rep or set addition until I have reached a higher or more complex level of training.

There is another personal question that occurs to me regarding progression. I hope its ok to ask...

I am 1,92 m tall and weigh around 80kg.  Although I am relatively light in relation to my height, it can be rather suboptimal for gymnastic strength training, right? Are there general approaches to consider in terms of frequency and overall volume for the progressions if you tend to be in the heavier (and taller) weight class for bodyweight skills/conditioning?

Thank you, I really appreciate your rating! 

 

Well, different approaches depend on how the students respond. usually who has more muscles tend to respond faster on strength, who has better slow fibers recovers faster, so basically depends from person to person.

what makes, generally speaking, the situation better is the ratio weigth to power and weigth distribution. the weigth if not linked and considered closer to its distribution is not so important..my heavier client is 2 meters for 105 kg, he has 30'' front lever, one arm pullup, front lever pullup, 10'' full planche....he's jack vinati...heavier..but the 80% of the bodyweigth is in the upper body.

Mario Schmitt 368795
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

t makes, generally speaking, the situation better is the ratio weigth to power and weigth di

That makes definite sense and is something i have/ would like to think about! :) 
Thank you Alessandro!