This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation One Legs

Started by SEAN 375233, September 23, 2021 · 3 Replies · 120 Views

SEAN 375233

Hi All,

I've been doing parts of GB for a year now but just decided to fully commit to the foundations and stretch series. I think I understand the progression of exercises but I wanted to get a little feedback. If I understand correctly, for all workouts (Upper, lower, core) we should start at A1, B1, C1. Once we can complete all reps/sets we go up to A2 (or B2, C2) and do all prescribed sets/reps there. But the previous exercises don't ever fully drop off correct? And do we use just 1 set of the last mastery rep scheme as a warm up? So last set of A1, then the full A2. And if were on A3 we do one set of A1 and A2 before jumping into A3? Also do you guys include the mobility exercises as well in those warm up sets? 

The core and upper body workouts for foundations seem really in depth and comprehensive. But I noticed the lower body days only incorporate basically SLS patterns (just A's no B or C). Is this accurate? Coming from a conventional lifting schedule I'm used to lifting the basic compound movements. For legs I always understood squat and hinge to be critical. It seems like the A foundation progression is all there is and that's just a squat pattern. I'm just curious about the rationale or if I maybe didn't buy the whole package because I do have all access. 

Anyways, I find this programing so far to be awesome for mobility. I'm really excited to work on movement fluidity and injury prevention. Appreciate any response

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, Sean Wilson said:

Hi All,

I've been doing parts of GB for a year now but just decided to fully commit to the foundations and stretch series. I think I understand the progression of exercises but I wanted to get a little feedback. If I understand correctly, for all workouts (Upper, lower, core) we should start at A1, B1, C1. Once we can complete all reps/sets we go up to A2 (or B2, C2) and do all prescribed sets/reps there. But the previous exercises don't ever fully drop off correct? And do we use just 1 set of the last mastery rep scheme as a warm up? So last set of A1, then the full A2. And if were on A3 we do one set of A1 and A2 before jumping into A3? Also do you guys include the mobility exercises as well in those warm up sets? 

The core and upper body workouts for foundations seem really in depth and comprehensive. But I noticed the lower body days only incorporate basically SLS patterns (just A's no B or C). Is this accurate? Coming from a conventional lifting schedule I'm used to lifting the basic compound movements. For legs I always understood squat and hinge to be critical. It seems like the A foundation progression is all there is and that's just a squat pattern. I'm just curious about the rationale or if I maybe didn't buy the whole package because I do have all access. 

Anyways, I find this programing so far to be awesome for mobility. I'm really excited to work on movement fluidity and injury prevention. Appreciate any response

Hi Sean i'm gonna try to be as much clear as possible:

1- once you have mastered one element is suggest 2 situations: if you are at the beginning of the program is enough to pick the alt element mastered and perform one set as a warmup. as you become stronger you should have mastered much more elements ai I correct? now take  1-2 exercises which have something different as using them as warmup;

2- for the legs the hips hinge is covered in the side lever progression bit for heavy work on legs we do not have too much range of work and differentiation because is basically GST, if you think in terms of weightlifting or powerlifting it is different...

Bill Marr

Hey Sean. I've gone almost through the entire SLS series. There is ample hamstring work in the SLS program. My hamstrings have never been stronger and more defined than how they have developed with this program.

Sean Wilson

Thanks guys. This makes sense to me. Coming from a traditional weightlifting background, dealing with the reduction in overall volume will be a constant challenge mentally for me. But with constant tightness and injuries it's become a necessity to change things. I've been very pleased so far with the library of workouts available in this program.