This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE15 FORM CHECK

Started by Mario Schmitt 368795, September 20, 2021 · 5 Replies · 84 Views

Mario Schmitt 368795

Hi everyone, 

I would be happy if you could give me some feedback on my box HESPU. 
As you can see I am not able to keep my Scapular protracted. 
Therefore should I better stay with floor Pike Pushups to minimize the missing protraction or is it kind of okay to do it this way?

Thank you!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Mario Schmitt 368795 said:

Hi everyone, 

I would be happy if you could give me some feedback on my box HESPU. 
As you can see I am not able to keep my Scapular protracted. 
Therefore should I better stay with floor Pike Pushups to minimize the missing protraction or is it kind of okay to do it this way?

Thank you!
 

 

Hey Mario the hespus are not bad, you should try to keep the core engaged...the fact that the spine is extended right after the bottom part is due to a lack of shoulder strength and the body tries to involve more the pec.

The pike pushups are not bad but the repetitions are different...in this way what does your brain learn? sometimes you move the elbows too backward.. sometimes no. the replicability of the exercise's repetitions is the key to progress.

Mario Schmitt 368795

Alright, thank you for the feedback! 

Therefore is should stay with box HESPU and work on core engagement + developing more shoulder strength over the time? 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Mario Schmitt 368795 said:

Alright, thank you for the feedback! 

Therefore is should stay with box HESPU and work on core engagement + developing more shoulder strength over the time? 

If you have already mastered all the previous pushing movement exercises then yes. But up to now i do not have form check about dips or pseudo planche pushup etc.

Mario Schmitt 368795

ok. 
ill add these asap. 

thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, Mario Schmitt 368795 said:

ok. 
ill add these asap. 

thank you!

Thanks Mario.