This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression from MN/PE5 to MN/PE6

Started by Jochen Friedrich, September 18, 2021 · 4 Replies · 61 Views

Jochen Friedrich

Hi everyone,

in doing the Manna Progression everything went smoothly. I found PE5 really easy but then the next Step PE6 incredible hard. It also gives me discomfort in the shoulders. Is there a additional step i could put in between to make the transition more smoothly?

Thank you

Jochen

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Jochen Friedrich said:

Hi everyone,

in doing the Manna Progression everything went smoothly. I found PE5 really easy but then the next Step PE6 incredible hard. It also gives me discomfort in the shoulders. Is there a additional step i could put in between to make the transition more smoothly?

Thank you

Jochen

Hey johen, how is your shoulder mobility? can you do the bridge? if you lie on your back with flexed hip and knees (feet closer to the glutes), can you move the arms overhead closer to the legs with straight elbows and having them in contact with the floor?

Jochen Friedrich
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey johen, how is your shoulder mobility? can you do the bridge? if you lie on your back with flexed hip and knees (feet closer to the glutes), can you move the arms overhead closer to the legs with straight elbows and having them in contact with the floor?

Hey,

i do the bridge series and do the Elevated Thoracic Bridge. I just tried and was surprised to find out i am able to press from the floor into the bridge position. I can easily move my arms and having contact with the floor in a kind of windmill (snow angle?) movement. I manage to do HS/PE2>iM  - lots of effort and head going a little bit forward, HS/PE5>iM with wide grip. I struggle with shoulder with and also with the Supine Shoulder Extension exercise. Here my triceps and elbow are the limiting factors as i feel discomfort and i am scared to push through the pain as i already had my fair share of brachialis problems maybe 2 years ago. I have the feeling my core can easily do the lower half lifting movement but struggles with the upper half of the leg lift and maybe i try to help with "pressing from the shoulders"? And also my quads get tight and start cramping :) i did record you a video and post it in the following comment box. Thank you very much for your support!

Jochen Friedrich

https://youtube.com/shorts/bdM2Aegnm0Y?feature=share