This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Crab walk hard - stop strength work?

Started by Jan Salim Zafar, September 12, 2021 · 2 Replies · 71 Views

Jan Salim Zafar

I'm doing intro plan segment 1. Crab walk is difficult because shoulders/chest are very tight. I have a desk job and also do exercises like elevated pike pushups and pseudo-planche pushups. Should I stop all these things until I can do the crab walk well? 

In the videos they say it could take months to do this movement well. How long should I stick with segment 1? 

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Jan Salim Zafar said:

I'm doing intro plan segment 1. Crab walk is difficult because shoulders/chest are very tight. I have a desk job and also do exercises like elevated pike pushups and pseudo-planche pushups. Should I stop all these things until I can do the crab walk well? 

In the videos they say it could take months to do this movement well. How long should I stick with segment 1? 

 

Thanks

Hey jan, my suggestion is to maintain the current level of strength by cutting in half the number of set and dedicating more time to mobility and segment 1. Probably once you feel less limitation and fewer muscles tension you are welcome to move on. Remember to use the private forum section to post your form execution so that i can say that it is fine.

Jan Salim Zafar

Sounds good, thank you.