This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100614

Started by Coach Sommer, June 14, 2010 · 5 Replies · 1,414 Views

Coach Sommer

UXwNBdyEewg

Complete four rounds:

20’ L-sit Walks

5 HeSPU

5 Russian Dips

5 Triple Clap Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) The L-sit Walks should be performed with an all out effort. As such, do your very best to not pause during the 20’ of L-sit Walks.

2) Move immediately from the L-sit Walks to the HeSPU.

3) Perform the Russian Dips immediately after the HeSPU.

4) After the Russian Dips go immediately to the Triple Clap Pushups.

5) Triple Clap Pushups are performed by exploding up off of the ground and clapping once in front of the chest, then once behind the back and finally once more in front of the chest. ALL CLAPS SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO LANDING.

6) If you are unable to complete a Triple Clap Pushup, adjust your repetitions upwards as follows: 10 repetitions for Double Clap Pushups (one clap in front & one clap behind; your choice of clap order) or 15 repetitions for Single Clap Pushups. These adjusted repetitions are to be completed per round.

7) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

8 ) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Alvaro

Discount day! As my first day with pliometrics I performed this:

-10´ (couldn´t do more!) of kind of agwalk but with Lsit. It was hard for the shoulders and harder than expected for the abs!

-heSPU with feet elevated in a chair.

-Russian dips impossible in my gym so I did a kind of 5 clap dips+ in a shoulder high bar MU negative transitions.

-heheh not a single clap push up, more like 2 inch jumping push ups... 15 of those.

Every thing was performed to the limit of my capabilities with "good form"

First time ever I work pliometrics and power and I feel good but is really hard!.

jl5555

I don't know that I'll get to this workout today, perhaps this Thursday. I have never tried the L sit walks as my max L sit static is about 10 seconds on the floor, longer on the rings/parallelettes. I'm trying not to be negative assessing my potential at it but I think I have a psychological block after viewing the You tube video of coach jr. with perfect pointed toes walking around the gym floor as if he were legless....

I also don't know how I'll try the russian dips as no real parallel bars at the gym. Perhaps I can figure out a way on the dip machine... I dunno.

I have not done the HeSPU in a while as I was more caught up lately in my Ido gathering progressions. It might be nice to go back and try these...

Coach Sommer
jl5555 said:
... I have never tried the L sit walks as my max L sit static is about 10 seconds on the floor, longer on the rings/parallelettes ... I also don't know how I'll try the russian dips as no real parallel bars at the gym. Perhaps I can figure out a way on the dip machine ... I have not done the HeSPU in a while as I was more caught up lately in my Ido gathering progressions. It might be nice to go back and try these ...

You are missing the point.

It is the structure of the workouts that is important; not the particular exercises. The assigned GB WOD exercises should always be adjusted as necessary to conform to your current strength levels.

1) For example, if L-sit Walks are too difficult, perform Ag Walks. If Ag Walks are too difficult, perform Planks (a pushup support position for time).

2) If Russian Dips are either too demanding or not possible due to equipment limitations, then perform another dip variation.

3) Ido's Gatherings ARE a HeSPU variation (kipping HeSPU).

jl5555 said:
I don't know that I'll get to this workout today, perhaps this Thursday.

The GB WODs are assigned in a particular order to achieve a particular training effect. For the maximal benefit, you should not pick and choose like you were at a buffet. Today while people around the world are performing this GB WOD Dynamic Push day, so are my team athletes.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

WU (a bit from last friday's WOD)

5 HeS straddle presses

3 chest rolls to HS (next time I will simply do wall HS, planche as much as possible then press. use socks to feet slide). Did play with a HS trainer to bounce back to HS as assist from planche.

5 pike press to HS on the wall (surprised I can still do these, but last 2 were more negatives then tuck up).

5 straddle press HS on the wall+5 on floor off mat

3x20s L-sit, 6x10s straddle-Lsit. double rest time of hold time. Skipped plank holds and forgot hollow/arch holds at end.

GB WOD dynamic pushing - just under 22m with 3-3m rest periods

WU 20 PB swings at beginning

4 rounds of:

Ag walk 20' from hardest position 4 to easiest

5 HeSPU

5 russian dips (much easier than I thought, perhaps because bars were set wider than I usually do) - did not hurt shoulder though was difficult to press out at top

10 clapping pushups. landing irritated shoulder in WU so I did these from knees with 1 clap. tough

wrist mobility 2 sets.

Blairbob

jl5555, if there are dip bars at your gym that are not V-shaped, russian dips will work on those. I have a pullup/dip bar that I've done russian dips on before. the hand holds are not very long at all, 1/2 foot to a foot?

On another note, I'm surprised there were no shuttle runs in this WOD. That's why I played around with the 20 PB swings to start. Besides they felt nice on my shoulders.