This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B1 Seated Russian twist

Started by PAUL DALY, September 5, 2021 · 8 Replies · 54 Views

PAUL DALY

As I start over again I don't want to make mistakes I made before, primarily, thinking I can do this on my own. So my goal is to request one form check per week, to keep me honest. With that in mind, please give me feed back on this.  Specifically, is my back flat enough?

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, PAUL DALY said:

As I start over again I don't want to make mistakes I made before, primarily, thinking I can do this on my own. So my goal is to request one form check per week, to keep me honest. With that in mind, please give me feed back on this.  Specifically, is my back flat enough?

 

Hi Paul, it is a nice starting point. we can begin with some corrections:

- keep the heels a bit closer to the butt;

- hold feet and knees together all time time;

- try to reach the floor because you twist at the spine and not because you move the arms..

-

PAUL DALY
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Paul, it is a nice starting point. we can begin with some corrections:

- keep the heels a bit closer to the butt;

- hold feet and knees together all time time;

- try to reach the floor because you twist at the spine and not because you move the arms..

-

Thanks so much. 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, PAUL DALY said:

As I start over again I don't want to make mistakes I made before, primarily, thinking I can do this on my own. So my goal is to request one form check per week, to keep me honest. With that in mind, please give me feed back on this.  Specifically, is my back flat enough?

 

You're welcome.

PAUL DALY
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You're welcome.

WHOA. That is a totally different exercise now. I couldn't get anywhere near touching the ground with the weight. 

 

Any tips?

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, PAUL DALY said:

WHOA. That is a totally different exercise now. I couldn't get anywhere near touching the ground with the weight. 

 

Any tips?

Hey paul yes, if you have the stretch series you access the library course from the top right corner of the GB course portal and select the library, then stretch course, then thoracic bridge then the second icon to the right. a list of exercises will appear...from here search for the "Reach Underneath", perform 1 set of it of 1' each side and tell me please how then you feel the Russian twist!

PAUL DALY
On 9/6/2021 at 3:22 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Paul, it is a nice starting point. we can begin with some corrections:

- keep the heels a bit closer to the butt;

- hold feet and knees together all time time;

- try to reach the floor because you twist at the spine and not because you move the arms..

-

I do have it and have tried it in the past. Frankly, the thoracic bridge program was far too challenging for me. I could only do a small percentage of the exercises in it!

 

But I will check this one out and report back. 

 

Thanks again. Very much appreciated. 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, PAUL DALY said:

I do have it and have tried it in the past. Frankly, the thoracic bridge program was far too challenging for me. I could only do a small percentage of the exercises in it!

 

But I will check this one out and report back. 

 

Thanks again. Very much appreciated. 

I understand, have you tried the "scaled variation" of the thoracic bridge course? they are listed in the library course ( the TEch video).

Also, remember that i have mentioned only one exercise from the thoracic bridge course.

You can also evaluate to practice the twisting movement from the REstore class, especially the Thoracic restore class.

PAUL DALY
On 9/8/2021 at 3:51 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I understand, have you tried the "scaled variation" of the thoracic bridge course? they are listed in the library course ( the TEch video).

Also, remember that i have mentioned only one exercise from the thoracic bridge course.

You can also evaluate to practice the twisting movement from the REstore class, especially the Thoracic restore class.

Thanks, I will try that. 

For a while, I could not find the scaled version, but I will add that to my program. 

I did try the restore program and I think i'm a little past that -- but nowhere near the full Thoracic Bridge Program. I tried that follow along just a couple of time before I was like "forget this!"