This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist pain and hand soreness

Started by Jacques 382011, September 2, 2021 · 5 Replies · 61 Views

Jacques 382011

I was diagnosed with mild osteoarthritis in my hands from repetitive stress in both hands.  I additionally have been experiencing wrist pain mostly in wrist extension under load.  Eg pushups, scap shrugs, bridge poses tend to be uncomfortable.

any advice here?  (Aside from PT etc) I’ve done some work on a fist but wasn’t sure if this was better/worse than ground parallettes?

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, Jacques Delori said:

I was diagnosed with mild osteoarthritis in my hands from repetitive stress in both hands.  I additionally have been experiencing wrist pain mostly in wrist extension under load.  Eg pushups, scap shrugs, bridge poses tend to be uncomfortable.

any advice here?  (Aside from PT etc) I’ve done some work on a fist but wasn’t sure if this was better/worse than ground parallettes?

Hey Jaques, have you tried doing the supported movement on pbars? seems that neutral grip reduces the pain because the extension is reduced.

Jacques Delori

Thanks Alessandro,  I’ve started using a pair of dumbbells as pbars.  Definitely helps on wrists.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Jacques Delori said:

Thanks Alessandro,  I’ve started using a pair of dumbbells as pbars.  Definitely helps on wrists.

Another option is adjusting the surface under the palm so that the palm is higher than the fingers, this leads to less wrist extension. 

it can be a book of a couple of cm height placed under the first part of the palm.

Jacques Delori

Good thought.  Thanks again.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Jacques Delori said:

Good thought.  Thanks again.

You're welcome.