This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TOPS Pulls

Started by Gary Yngve, August 27, 2021 · 1 Replies · 50 Views

Gary Yngve

I'm not entirely consistent with keeping the swing under control with the TOPS pulls, and when it gets too swingy, I pike a little to fight back up.  But sometimes I get into a good rhythm.
I also think I can do 1 or 2 Yewkis with decent form (getting higher when I do a more explosive start).  Is it fine to look at the TOPS as a stepping stone to the Yewkis and scale up Yewkis at this point?  Any other tips?  Thanks!
 


 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Gary Yngve said:

I'm not entirely consistent with keeping the swing under control with the TOPS pulls, and when it gets too swingy, I pike a little to fight back up.  But sometimes I get into a good rhythm.
I also think I can do 1 or 2 Yewkis with decent form (getting higher when I do a more explosive start).  Is it fine to look at the TOPS as a stepping stone to the Yewkis and scale up Yewkis at this point?  Any other tips?  Thanks!
 


 

Hey Gary, swinging occurs on the rings for 2 major problems:

- hips arrive to late compared to shoulders. when the shoulders are in the closest position heels should be already under the elbows;

- think about pulling the hands to the shoulders while the shoulders move to the hands...