This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

4 weeks cycle: 3 weeks increased intensity, one week deload cycle

Started by FREDERIC DUPONT, August 25, 2021 · 4 Replies · 166 Views

FREDERIC DUPONT

Hello everyone, I am back after many years, and both the interface and programming have changed.

I found many answers to my questions on the forum, but I could not find an update on the old 4 weeks cycle around which the programming used to be done:

 

It was 3 weeks of increased intensity, followed by one week deload, and start again.

How is the programming working now? The interface shows only the coming week, and explanations state that based on feedback, the exercise type and level will adjust. Is there a deload period after some time, or has this approach been abandoned?

 

Thanks, and looking forward to interacting with y'all

 

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, FREDERIC DUPONT said:

Hello everyone, I am back after many years, and both the interface and programming have changed.

I found many answers to my questions on the forum, but I could not find an update on the old 4 weeks cycle around which the programming used to be done:

 

It was 3 weeks of increased intensity, followed by one week deload, and start again.

How is the programming working now? The interface shows only the coming week, and explanations state that based on feedback, the exercise type and level will adjust. Is there a deload period after some time, or has this approach been abandoned?

 

Thanks, and looking forward to interacting with y'all

 

Cheers!

Hy Frederic, the main suggestion now is that at least for level 1you do not really have to dead load because you are enough beginner, probably also on level 2. in the following level, deload becomes important.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply & sorry for posting in the wrong place.
So it seems that exercise progressions, and reps/sets are moving along with more fluidity; the old system had more constraints to move on (finish the cycle, etc.)
I am going to miss my deload weeks, but this added flexibility is probably a good thing!

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, FREDERIC DUPONT said:

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply & sorry for posting in the wrong place.
So it seems that exercise progressions, and reps/sets are moving along with more fluidity; the old system had more constraints to move on (finish the cycle, etc.)
I am going to miss my deload weeks, but this added flexibility is probably a good thing!

GB is always evolving, especially the schedule managing. lot of work was done in the correct direction from the early 2013.

Reto Dahinden

Hello Allesandro

Funny, me too, back after a few years and missed the deload week ;-)

Greets

Reto