This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE16 - Stuck upside down!

Started by Awais Muzaffar, August 24, 2021 · 7 Replies · 100 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches,

I'm just doing half of the movement for now, as I am still learning the movement pattern.

At 4 seconds in you will see I get stuck upside down, and unable to continue into support position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsDRPj2xQCo

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Keep your chin by the bar as you pull your legs towards your face. As your body rolls over the bar, "shift" your wrists, or rotate your hands around and on top of the bar so they are no longer curled underneath.

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work!

Awais Muzaffar

Quick question; in this progression is the foward roll optional? According to btgb book, you can either roll forward or drop back straight down. I understnd in the naner progression the forward roll is required.

Reason I ask is, because then this exercise becomes a pull over + the eccentric part of a muscle up - which I guess would have its benefits too.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Quick question; in this progression is the foward roll optional? According to btgb book, you can either roll forward or drop back straight down. I understnd in the naner progression the forward roll is required.

Reason I ask is, because then this exercise becomes a pull over + the eccentric part of a muscle up - which I guess would have its benefits too.

Thanks!

Hey Aways, rolling forward is required.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches! This was my last set (5 total and a few failed ones), so there was some fatigue, but what do you think overall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGHO-Z6AZA

- The last two forward rolls were a little fast because fatigue kicked in which caused loss of some strength for full control..

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches! This was my last set (5 total and a few failed ones), so there was some fatigue, but what do you think overall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGHO-Z6AZA

- The last two forward rolls were a little fast because fatigue kicked in which caused loss of some strength for full control..

Thank you!

They are good...of course resting in between reps takes off some tension...and fatigue.