I was just wondering why this is called TOPS!
and check please:) maybe I should try to avoid piking position?
https://youtube.com/shorts/cEcM7y3XT0U?feature=share
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Geonho Lee, August 18, 2021 · 8 Replies · 137 Views
I was just wondering why this is called TOPS!
and check please:) maybe I should try to avoid piking position?
https://youtube.com/shorts/cEcM7y3XT0U?feature=share
Yes, you're picking up a small amount of pike. Remember to engage your glutes as you pull. Nice work!
17 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Yes, you're picking up a small amount of pike. Remember to engage your glutes as you pull. Nice work!
thanks coach!!
17 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Yes, you're picking up a small amount of pike. Remember to engage your glutes as you pull. Nice work!
and I wanted to know why this movement is called TOPS!
On 8/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:Yes, you're picking up a small amount of pike. Remember to engage your glutes as you pull. Nice work!
coach.. I was wondering, the origin of the name!
I'm not completely sure, Geonho. @Coach Sommer might be able to give you an accurate response.
On 8/23/2021 at 4:08 PM, Geonho Lee said:coach.. I was wondering, the origin of the name!
![]()
I found this online:
QuoteThe exact definition of what TOPs are as per the USA Gymnastics Website is “a talent search and educational program for female gymnasts ages 7-10 and their coaches.” TOPS stands for talent opportunity program.
Maybe Coach learned the exercise from there?
All girls teams at my gym do this exercise and they call them "levers" or "lever pulls." So I always figured they were a core part of the TOPS curriculum and that calling them "levers" came from TOPS too.
I just learned they are also called "chin levers" in the gymnastics community.