Hey!
So first attempt at ring dips:
Front view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bhrdCqVzGM
Side view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXFYqFVzUs
Thanks...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE13 - Ring Dips
Started by Awais Muzaffar, August 11, 2021 · 15 Replies · 188 Views
20 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hey!
So first attempt at ring dips:
Front view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bhrdCqVzGM
Side view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXFYqFVzUs
Thanks...
Hey Awais, i think you have room for longer straps...in the bottom, there are still 25-30 before you touch the floor with knees.
Okay sure I remeber you said this for support hold. Longer straps provide more difficulty.
Thanks!
Ok so lowered rings are making me shake alot.... also I think I was leaning on one side.
Thanks!
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Ok so lowered rings are making me shake alot.... also I think I was leaning on one side.
Thanks!
Hi Awais, my suggestion here is to work with a band and slow speed because there are some asymmetrical problems from the front view.
if you stop at 10'' you can notice:
- the right arm is far from the corresponding leg;
- the right elbow is more bent.
Ok, so I did some banded work. And tried to clean up my symmetry.
Not perfect, but better than before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFZ-vaGyzk
20 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Ok, so I did some banded work. And tried to clean up my symmetry.
Not perfect, but better than before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFZ-vaGyzk
better for sure!
Always good to get your approval, thanks!
Now I'll keep at this for a while...
Hi coaches,
I wanted to make sure the side-view is looking correct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dexHLf-vXxA
Thanks!
PS: I've noticed strong wrist extension gives me stability.
1 hour ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hi coaches,
I wanted to make sure the side-view is looking correct:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dexHLf-vXxA
Thanks!PS: I've noticed strong wrist extension gives me stability.
Hey Awais, the tempo in the descent part is ok...lock out the elbows at the top. Also, focus on holding the shoulders away from the ears in the first cm of the positive phase.
Okay here is a revised set, with lock out at the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm_cmYhgQQ
18 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Okay here is a revised set, with lock out at the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm_cmYhgQQ
Hey Awais, if you stop at 18'' you can notice that the shoulders move strongly forward, try to avoid that, especially on rings.
This is a 4th set, 4 reps, and probably my best attempt so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS8ey27aY0
- I'm trying my best to keep shoulders down and back
- In my mind I can feel elbows locking, although it doesn't always seem like in the video
7 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:This is a 4th set, 4 reps, and probably my best attempt so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS8ey27aY0- I'm trying my best to keep shoulders down and back
- In my mind I can feel elbows locking, although it doesn't always seem like in the video
Now it is better...
Hey coaches,
Am I meeting mastery requirements?
- I'm staying depressed throughout.
- Also I am able to lock my elbows better and do a good turn out of the rings.
On 8/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, Awais Muzaffar said:Hey coaches,
Am I meeting mastery requirements?
- I'm staying depressed throughout.
- Also I am able to lock my elbows better and do a good turn out of the rings.
Hey Awais...probably the only suggestion is to extend the knees at the top.