This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

half L-sit

Started by Gary Yngve, August 9, 2021 · 3 Replies · 30 Views

Gary Yngve

This exercise really surprised me, as I can hold an "L-sit" palms on the floor for 30 seconds (with greater compression but my hips behind my shoulders).  The hard part is keeping a straight back perpendicular to the ground, which involves pressing the hips forward.  Hello rear deltoids, and if I don't focus on contracting my triceps, I bend my elbows.  Any tips on the shoulders beyond scapular depression?  Neutral regarding protraction/retraction?  Open shoulders?
Should I focus on pressing the hips forward more and holding for less time?
Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, Gary Yngve said:

This exercise really surprised me, as I can hold an "L-sit" palms on the floor for 30 seconds (with greater compression but my hips behind my shoulders).  The hard part is keeping a straight back perpendicular to the ground, which involves pressing the hips forward.  Hello rear deltoids, and if I don't focus on contracting my triceps, I bend my elbows.  Any tips on the shoulders beyond scapular depression?  Neutral regarding protraction/retraction?  Open shoulders?
Should I focus on pressing the hips forward more and holding for less time?
Thanks!

 

Hi Gary. well the first thing i can note is that if you stop at 10'' mark you tend to lean to your left side...probably this is affecting the depression of the left shoulder.

Gary Yngve

I focused less on pressing the hips forward and more on scapular depression.  I set up Photo Booth on my laptop to act as a mirror so I could see any asymmetry real-time.  How does it look now?  IM also.  Thanks!
 


 

 

Alessandro Mainente
49 minutes ago, Gary Yngve said:

I focused less on pressing the hips forward and more on scapular depression.  I set up Photo Booth on my laptop to act as a mirror so I could see any asymmetry real-time.  How does it look now?  IM also.  Thanks!
 


 

 

Now it is correct.