This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bulgarian ring dips

Started by Gary Yngve, August 9, 2021 · 3 Replies · 57 Views

Gary Yngve

How are these?  I'm not quite planar from the side view, but I'm not sure what needs to be done to get perfectly planar (like shoulder mobility or lean back more without falling backward).
Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, Gary Yngve said:

How are these?  I'm not quite planar from the side view, but I'm not sure what needs to be done to get perfectly planar (like shoulder mobility or lean back more without falling backward).
Thanks!
 

 

Hey Gary it is a good attempt. i have 2 tips for you:

- first regards the range of motion: since it is an internal rotation plus vertical shoulder abduction I discourage moving past the point where the shoulder is at elbow's level.

- if you stop at 15'' you can notice that as you begin to bend the elbows the body twists a bit. this can be to different coordination between left and right...simply try to control better this part.

Gary Yngve

Hi Coaches, how are these?  Thanks!  (this was after a set of 5x5 ring dips, so I was tired, which likely caused the twist at 0:38)
Is the goal to get the shoulders, elbows, and hands completely in the same vertical plane?  I don't think I have the mobility for that yet.
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, Gary Yngve said:

Hi Coaches, how are these?  Thanks!  (this was after a set of 5x5 ring dips, so I was tired, which likely caused the twist at 0:38)
Is the goal to get the shoulders, elbows, and hands completely in the same vertical plane?  I don't think I have the mobility for that yet.
 

 

hey Gary, in the bottom position try to hold the left shoulder more depressed. is the same mistake of the normal dip but it this case it comes out a bit less.