This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

At which point should I mix the split and handstand into the Fundamentals

Started by Botond Orban, July 23, 2021 · 7 Replies · 197 Views

Botond Orban

Hi,

I am at about 35%-40% of the Fundamentals. And as I was looking forward in the schedule I saw that the end goal for one of the upper body lanes is going to be push to handstand. Seeing this I assume that I also need handstand for that. Therefore should I enrol myself into the handstand courses as well, should I? And as I was browsing the handstand courses there are episodes where the stalder press is needed, and the wider the stalder the easiest will be the pull up. Therefore should I also enrol myself into the middle split series as well?

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

Hi,

I am at about 35%-40% of the Fundamentals. And as I was looking forward in the schedule I saw that the end goal for one of the upper body lanes is going to be push to handstand. Seeing this I assume that I also need handstand for that. Therefore should I enrol myself into the handstand courses as well, should I? And as I was browsing the handstand courses there are episodes where the stalder press is needed, and the wider the stalder the easiest will be the pull up. Therefore should I also enrol myself into the middle split series as well?

Hey Orban (sorry if I misunderstand the name with the surname)..my suggestion is to complete first fundamentals so that you have a more clear idea of your limitation then move into a combination of foundations + handstand + split courses.

Botond Orban
On 7/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Orban (sorry if I misunderstand the name with the surname)..my suggestion is to complete first fundamentals so that you have a more clear idea of your limitation then move into a combination of foundations + handstand + split courses.

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Thank you for the quick answer. I mixed the fundamentals with the foundations in my vocabulary. So I am at 20-40% with the foundations so definitely I need split and handstand to be mixed in.

I need your advice for how to assemble the splits courses:

-A1->A23 weekly without A0? Or A0+A1… A0+A2… alltogether? Because that 40 minutes of A0 seems impossible for me right now. It seems to me that only those who went through A1-A23 already those can do the A0.

-Do weekly the middle and front splits that is clear :)

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, Botond Orban said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Thank you for the quick answer. I mixed the fundamentals with the foundations in my vocabulary. So I am at 20-40% with the foundations so definitely I need split and handstand to be mixed in.

I need your advice for how to assemble the splits courses:

-A1->A23 weekly without A0? Or A0+A1… A0+A2… alltogether? Because that 40 minutes of A0 seems impossible for me right now. It seems to me that only those who went through A1-A23 already those can do the A0.

-Do weekly the middle and front splits that is clear :)

Hey Orban, mixing is definitely a personal preference, if the time is the problem you split in 2 sessions on the same day. if you cannot split you cycle the stretch course when you have time availability. keep in mind that having a sustainable structure is the primary goal for having results.

Botond Orban
On 8/2/2021 at 7:53 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Orban, mixing is definitely a personal preference, if the time is the problem you split in 2 sessions on the same day. if you cannot split you cycle the stretch course when you have time availability. keep in mind that having a sustainable structure is the primary goal for having results.

@Alessandro Mainente

For me not the 40minutes of the "A0" is the problem. Rather that A0 contains "all" of the advanced A1->A23 split exercised I can't do yet.
It seems to me that A0 is contains everything which is inside of A1->A23.

So My bet is that we should first go through A1 then A2 ... untill we reach A23. If we are done then we can do A0 to maintain our splits. Am I correct?

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Botond Orban said:

@Alessandro Mainente

For me not the 40minutes of the "A0" is the problem. Rather that A0 contains "all" of the advanced A1->A23 split exercised I can't do yet.
It seems to me that A0 is contains everything which is inside of A1->A23.

So My bet is that we should first go through A1 then A2 ... untill we reach A23. If we are done then we can do A0 to maintain our splits. Am I correct?

Hey Orban sorry, but i think that i made some confusion with some terms....what are you referring too with "splits"? are you referring on splitting the workout or the split stretching position?

Botond Orban
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Orban sorry, but i think that i made some confusion with some terms....what are you referring too with "splits"? are you referring on splitting the workout or the split stretching position?

@Alessandro Mainente Yes you are right, I was referring to the "Stretch Front Split" and "Stretch Middle Split".
In that series there are: A1->A23 progressions, then A0 which includes everything.
That A0 is super hard for me I tried a few times until I realised that there is A1...A23. And it isn't written anywhere but I think that A0 should be the last or for those who already have mobility. Then A1...A23 are the progressions for "regular" guys like me. I wanted to confirm that here in the forum :)

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/4/2021 at 12:25 AM, Botond Orban said:

@Alessandro Mainente

For me not the 40minutes of the "A0" is the problem. Rather that A0 contains "all" of the advanced A1->A23 split exercised I can't do yet.
It seems to me that A0 is contains everything which is inside of A1->A23.

So My bet is that we should first go through A1 then A2 ... untill we reach A23. If we are done then we can do A0 to maintain our splits. Am I correct?

Hey Orban well we can consider the stretch series  as a unique follow-along video where you can follow the exercises from the first to the last. in the vast majority of the cases of you access the library course from here "https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/course-library" you can see that many exercises have a scaled variation that is more suitable for a limited range of motion.