Tips for Front Pike

Started by Seiji, June 12, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,161 Views

Seiji

I have a somewhat hard time piking during a front flip. I can pike, but I don't pike very tightly. I can still manage my way around and land it, but I would like to have a cleaner looking one. Flexibility is not a problem, I can touch my knees to my chin... Perhaps I'm just not used to it. I've only done them a few times, one successfully on flat ground.

Are there any specific tips/drills/exercises that I should be aware of?

Blairbob

Pike forward roll on floor. A simple forward but on the stand up phase, lock the knees, compress the pike till you are standing on your feet.

Another is candlestick, lower to basket, roll forward to V-sit. It doesn't matter if you can't push off the ground but it's about keeping the compression as you sit up.

Seiji

Thanks :D