This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing Single Leg Pike Technique

Started by Liana, July 14, 2021 · 1 Replies · 57 Views

Liana

Hi team!

 

I'd be really keen for a short tutorial video on single leg pikes. I've been doing the front split stretch series for six months and am making zero progress on this particular stretch in it. I have a million questions about foot positions, hip positions, kneed positions, where the weight and force should be, why my leg sometimes shakes when I do it, should I push through the heel or is the toe ok, should my knees be level, what if I have a lot of leg and can't get against the wall... I'm not very flexible and I've tried a bunch of different things but without knowing what the detailed technique is, I don't really have a checklist to run through to know if any effort I put in is going to get me anywhere.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 

Cheers,

Liana

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/14/2021 at 4:24 AM, Liana Skewes said:

Hi team!

 

I'd be really keen for a short tutorial video on single leg pikes. I've been doing the front split stretch series for six months and am making zero progress on this particular stretch in it. I have a million questions about foot positions, hip positions, kneed positions, where the weight and force should be, why my leg sometimes shakes when I do it, should I push through the heel or is the toe ok, should my knees be level, what if I have a lot of leg and can't get against the wall... I'm not very flexible and I've tried a bunch of different things but without knowing what the detailed technique is, I don't really have a checklist to run through to know if any effort I put in is going to get me anywhere.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 

Cheers,

Liana

Hi Liana in this case it can be due to not having completely understood where the limitation is located. If we have a "tight joint" and it does not move we carry the tress in another point that can compensate for it. Now it cannot compensate forever. So maybe with some little questions, i can understand a bit more of you...how is your seated pike? do you have a pic? how is your supine front split? i mean lie on the floor supine and lift one leg straight from the floor.