This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring Muscle Up

Started by Awais Muzaffar, July 4, 2021 · 12 Replies · 226 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

So I've finally got my ring muscle up. Thanks to the HBP and RC progressions and. your guidance.

Side-view:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sycJGyYnvPY

Front-view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfD4APMwCo (damn for some reason I was really shaking on dip upwards).

Now that I understand the movement pattern, I am looking forward to how I can make this better/smoother.

Thanks,
Awais

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

So I've finally got my ring muscle up. Thanks to the HBP and RC progressions and. your guidance.

Side-view:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sycJGyYnvPY

Front-view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfD4APMwCo (damn for some reason I was really shaking on dip upwards).

Now that I understand the movement pattern, I am looking forward to how I can make this better/smoother.

Thanks,
Awais

hey Awais...i'm not surprised...dedication, patience...they pay off! always!

Awais Muzaffar

Hey!

Quick question;

- Should I increase the tempo on these? I am not sure if I am doing these too slow...

- It still feels a bit intense overall, I don't think I am ready to go past single reps yet.

Video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKSFYLjQ7g

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey!

Quick question;

- Should I increase the tempo on these? I am not sure if I am doing these too slow...

- It still feels a bit intense overall, I don't think I am ready to go past single reps yet.

Video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKSFYLjQ7g

Thanks!

I think that the main problem is the technique for now, in the eccentric part after the transition you are working always with elevated shoulders, in a long time if it is not fixed it will lead to elbows inflamation.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh yes you are right. I did not notice this before.

 

Awais Muzaffar

Right, so here is another attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxNajl7GWZE

For sure, I use too much energy on the transition during both concentric and eccentric. 

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Right, so here is another attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxNajl7GWZE

For sure, I use too much energy on the transition during both concentric and eccentric. 

Thanks! 

The transition is smooth and clean but i suspect that you focus too less on shoulder depression.

Awais Muzaffar

Okay thanks.

So just to clarify:

  • When I initiate the pull up, should I focus on more depression?
  • And when I complete the eccentric part of the transition and back in the pull up position should I also keep more depression here?

Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay thanks.

So just to clarify:

  • When I initiate the pull up, should I focus on more depression?
  • And when I complete the eccentric part of the transition and back in the pull up position should I also keep more depression here?

Thanks!

 

He Awais sorry for the time you've waited:

- yes...depressing the shoulders is necessary for bot stabilization and muscles recruitment;

- yes again, until the full elbows extension is reached the shoulder blade should stay depressed.

in the long term, the scapulae control helps to avoid elbows and shoulder problems.

Awais Muzaffar

Ok got it! Thanks for the detailed answer!
 

Awais Muzaffar

I'm depressing as much as I can!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6t8_Zfgxqk

I can see an improvement overall... I must say it takes time to build up volume... 3x3 and I feel fatigued :p

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/17/2021 at 8:27 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

I'm depressing as much as I can!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6t8_Zfgxqk

I can see an improvement overall... I must say it takes time to build up volume... 3x3 and I feel fatigued :p

depression is fine in the positive part...BUT you can see a loss of depressione on your left shoulder during the eccentric. the scapular position is the same in the corresponing part of the range of the movement no matter if positive or negative phase.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh wow you have a great eye for detail. I never noticed my depression was imbalanced on the eccentric phase! That for sure needs fixing.