Programming question

Started by Andrew Lussier, July 2, 2021 · 1 Replies · 2,657 Views

Andrew Lussier

Sample workout Below. I’ve added some static holds/ easier progressions to increase reps. I personally felt the workouts were not challenging me with only one exercise for back press, straddle planche and rope climb. I am used to high rep pull-ups and push-ups with various grips/positions/ and tempos. Before starting the program my rep count for pull-ups was 140-150 reps 2x per week. Slightly higher with push-ups. Do you encourage or discourage adding more than one excercise per skill? How do you recommend addressing this specifically? Also, I removed handstands from my schedule but would like to add it back. What do you recommend with handstands and frequency while still working on these skills?  
 

Thanks, 

Drew 
 

Pseudo planche push-up 8x4

Bent Arm chin hang 30sec x4

planche Lean 30sec x4 

Overgrip straight Bar dip 5x4 

Ring Dip 5x4 

pullup 5x4 

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, Andrew Lussier said:

Sample workout Below. I’ve added some static holds/ easier progressions to increase reps. I personally felt the workouts were not challenging me with only one exercise for back press, straddle planche and rope climb. I am used to high rep pull-ups and push-ups with various grips/positions/ and tempos. Before starting the program my rep count for pull-ups was 140-150 reps 2x per week. Slightly higher with push-ups. Do you encourage or discourage adding more than one excercise per skill? How do you recommend addressing this specifically? Also, I removed handstands from my schedule but would like to add it back. What do you recommend with handstands and frequency while still working on these skills?  
 

Thanks, 

Drew 
 

Pseudo planche push-up 8x4

Bent Arm chin hang 30sec x4

planche Lean 30sec x4 

Overgrip straight Bar dip 5x4 

Ring Dip 5x4 

pullup 5x4 

Hi Andrew , it depends on the level of the student, weak point, response to the current schedule, and so on. Some students need to perform some exercises only once a week and add more accessory work. Also, the accessory work should be planned accordingly with the intensity of the primary goals exercises.If you are doubts do LESS, then add slowly. not the contrary.