This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

wide pullup variations

Started by Gary Yngve, July 2, 2021 · 4 Replies · 39 Views

Gary Yngve

regular wide pullups, behind-the-neck wide pullups, L-sit wide pullups, and bonus, behind-the-neck L-sit wide pullups.
thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

regular wide pullups, behind-the-neck wide pullups, L-sit wide pullups, and bonus, behind-the-neck L-sit wide pullups.
thanks!

 

Hi Gary, have you noticed that you are using 2 different activations? I mean that on the front version you are depressing the shoulder blades then you pull. on the "behind the back variation" you're pulling directly without depressing the shoulders first.

Gary Yngve

Good observation!  I must have been so focused on the retraction that I forgot about depressing the shoulders.  
How are these?
Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

Good observation!  I must have been so focused on the retraction that I forgot about depressing the shoulders.  
How are these?
Thanks!
 

 

Rather than retract first...depress first... then begin to move in front of the bar.

Gary Yngve

How are these for shoulder depression?  Thanks!