This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

single leg squats and natural leg curls

Started by Gary Yngve, June 24, 2021 · 3 Replies · 53 Views

Gary Yngve

My quads are much further along than my hamstrings.  The single leg squats were great on improving the strength in my left leg (probably years of biasing toward my right leg in cycling starts or shoveling).  My natural leg curls still have a way to go to be PPT without arch, so I figure I'll stay on SLS and natural leg curls, as I can do a natural GH raise just fine, but the natural leg curl form is keeping me from doing a fully proper full GH raise (I pike about 30 degrees too soon).  As always, feedback appreciated.  Thanks!

SLS: 
 


NLC: 


 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

My quads are much further along than my hamstrings.  The single leg squats were great on improving the strength in my left leg (probably years of biasing toward my right leg in cycling starts or shoveling).  My natural leg curls still have a way to go to be PPT without arch, so I figure I'll stay on SLS and natural leg curls, as I can do a natural GH raise just fine, but the natural leg curl form is keeping me from doing a fully proper full GH raise (I pike about 30 degrees too soon).  As always, feedback appreciated.  Thanks!

SLS: 
 


NLC: 


 

Hey Gary, can you show a single rep of the single-leg squat from the front? the leg curl will come...i suggest you keeping hips extedend.

Gary Yngve

This is front view, 3 of each.  

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

This is front view, 3 of each.  

 

Wonderful ankle mobility...i'm available to accept a part of it ;-)