Cartwheel drills

Started by Ali Hmeid, June 23, 2021 · 6 Replies · 4,100 Views

Ali Hmeid

Hi GB community,

I am struggling now with the Cartwheel movement. Even if i do have the strength to hold freestanding handstand for 60 seconds. My cartwheel form is very poor . What are the best drills to do in order to stay straight and not flinching to one side.

Thank you. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/LfbsAVtWtM4?feature=share

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Ali Hmeid said:

Hi GB community,

I am struggling now with the Cartwheel movement. Even if i do have the strength to hold freestanding handstand for 60 seconds. My cartwheel form is very poor . What are the best drills to do in order to stay straight and not flinching to one side.

Thank you. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/LfbsAVtWtM4?feature=share

Hei Ali, so we can begin from a handstand, can you show it to me, please?

Ali Hmeid
On 2/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Alessandro, 

Please find the links to my handstand hold and my kick-up. 
 

By the way, this is not my best quality hold . Handstand Hold  & Kick-up


 

Thanks 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Ali Hmeid said:


 

Thanks 

Hey ali, the main problem is for now handstand. try to improve it by opening the shoulders, better alignment...hands closer one to the other.

Ali Hmeid

Thank you Alessandro.

I will work on it. 

Ali Hmeid

Hi Alessandro, 

I started straightening the Handstand, it turns out that I do have the mobility. In fact, I was just lacking techniques and disciplines. I will share a video soon. 
Here is a video of better cartwheel. How can I improve it ? 
This Time, I was putting more effort on the Right leg.Cartwheel 2 & Cartwheel 3

Thanks in advance

Ali 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Ali Hmeid said:

Hi Alessandro, 

I started straightening the Handstand, it turns out that I do have the mobility. In fact, I was just lacking techniques and disciplines. I will share a video soon. 
Here is a video of better cartwheel. How can I improve it ? 
This Time, I was putting more effort on the Right leg.Cartwheel 2 & Cartwheel 3

Thanks in advance

Ali 

The main problem of learning technical skills is learning first the sub-component of these skills. in the case of a cartwheel, the sub. the component is the handstand.

If the handstand is not fixed there is no way to improve substantially the cartwheel.

it's like want to run but you cannot walk...fix the walk first, then run.

When i was coaching gymnastics everything turns around learning and refining bases so that you can easily build up advanced skills.

for a person who is able o hold 60'' good handstand, the cartwheel is no more than a dynamic handstand passage.

A technical skill like cartwheel or roundoff in your case can be corrected only with a handstand improvement because all the problems are linked to it.