Hands behind back, one side much worse

Started by Ivan Korhner, June 20, 2021 · 1 Replies · 1,964 Views

Ivan Korhner

I've started taking some mobility benchmarks to track mobility progress easier, and I've noticed internal rotation on my right shoulder is much worse than left one (there is no pain, I just can't manage to move it further). Other than this test, I didn't notice so much difference in other exercises (it's likely I compensate without noticing). Does this mean its 100% shoulder problem? Should I work on it by myself on should I consult some physical therapist for help?

Thanks

20210619_215356.thumb.jpg.e6df9649c321bf3f10514a9af4030da4.jpg

20210619_215415.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Ivan Korhner said:

I've started taking some mobility benchmarks to track mobility progress easier, and I've noticed internal rotation on my right shoulder is much worse than left one (there is no pain, I just can't manage to move it further). Other than this test, I didn't notice so much difference in other exercises (it's likely I compensate without noticing). Does this mean its 100% shoulder problem? Should I work on it by myself on should I consult some physical therapist for help?

Thanks

20210619_215356.thumb.jpg.e6df9649c321bf3f10514a9af4030da4.jpg

20210619_215415.jpg

Hi Iva, for sure there is some external rotator tightness. Consulting a PT can have a good benefit on understanding where the problem is.