This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff leg windmill substitute

Started by Joseph Daniel, June 16, 2021 · 5 Replies · 70 Views

Joseph Daniel

I have a lingering herniated disc in my cervical spine which is aggravated by stiff leg windmills. Is there a substitute exercise I can use instead that accomplishes similar mobility features?

Alessandro Mainente
19 minutes ago, Joseph Daniel said:

I have a lingering herniated disc in my cervical spine which is aggravated by stiff leg windmills. Is there a substitute exercise I can use instead that accomplishes similar mobility features?

Hey Joseph, have you tried bending a bit the knees at the point where you can flex the upper body with anterior pelvic tilt?

Joseph Daniel

I don’t have a problem with flexibility in the hamstrings to execute the move. I think my issue is with the neck position at the bottom of the move. Maybe I could try keeping a neutral neck (looking more side-to-down) instead of looking up at the weight? If that doesn’t work, is there a good substitute exercise?

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Joseph Daniel said:

I don’t have a problem with flexibility in the hamstrings to execute the move. I think my issue is with the neck position at the bottom of the move. Maybe I could try keeping a neutral neck (looking more side-to-down) instead of looking up at the weight? If that doesn’t work, is there a good substitute exercise?

Yes you can...if the problem is the neck..

Joseph Daniel

This adjustment is still bothering my neck. Is there a substitute or multiple substitute exercises that will serve a similar purpose?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Joseph Daniel said:

This adjustment is still bothering my neck. Is there a substitute or multiple substitute exercises that will serve a similar purpose?

Well the only thing that i comes into my mind is sitting on the floor with legs in the same position and try to reach forward...