This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

support in ring dips

Started by Gary Yngve, June 11, 2021 · 5 Replies · 64 Views

Gary Yngve

Looking for feedback.  It seems unavoidable for forearms to contact the rings, unless I have the rings really out to the side, I lean forward, or I extend my wrists awkwardly.  Is the forearm contact ok?  Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
59 minutes ago, Gary Yngve said:

Looking for feedback.  It seems unavoidable for forearms to contact the rings, unless I have the rings really out to the side, I lean forward, or I extend my wrists awkwardly.  Is the forearm contact ok?  Thanks!
 

 

Hey Gary, if you stop at 15'' you can notice from the front view that you are leaning on your left arm. In order to adjust that you can consider doing only one reps for a couple of weeks or using a loopband and try to slow down this part of the movement checking cm over cm the symmetry.

Gary Yngve

How are these?  Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/9/2021 at 8:21 AM, Gary Yngve said:

How are these?  Thanks!

 

Hey  Gary, i would stay in this variation for a while without moving over 2-3 reps because as fatigue increases then the movement begins to be asymmetrical, you can notice that if you stop at 22'', you move the weight completely to the left.

Gary Yngve

Hi Coaches, how are these?  Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/10/2021 at 3:31 AM, Gary Yngve said:

Hi Coaches, how are these?  Thanks!
 

 

Hey Gary, you still tend to shift on the left probably due to a lack of shoulder depression on the left side. My suggestion at the moment is to reduce the rom and increase the reps in reserve.